Help 5.1 Mix

Fan created remixes and rare variations
chescowx

Re: Help 5.1 Mix

Post by chescowx »

Appleyard wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:52 pm Glad you're enjoying them!
Shame about the Beatles For Sale tracks. Are they the correct size you would expect?
Just in case there was a download error, try this link instead:

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r72bChJc48L2b5wkvVirbuS7axy-9jvy?usp=share_link

Good luck and let me know if that's fixed things.

Edit: sorry, just re-read your post and the surround stereo bit implies it's not a download errror. So strange. I can't think what the issue could be at all.
I should clarify that I am not burning these but actually adding them to Itunes and then listening through Apple Music. The Singles 5.1 sounds great and all but one track (I Call Your Name) is in 5.1 the ones that don't play in 5.1 play in DTS Neural X which is not true 5.1. Still playing with deleting and redownloading the problem tracks on Beatles for Sale along with I Call Your Name to see what is different?? Thanks again!! By the way especially love I'm Down with the "down" coming from the backs!! great work!!!!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Does anyone have a clean lead guitar track for "Help!"?
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Thanks! Looking forward to this experience!
chescowx

Post by chescowx »

Finally did get all of the 5.1 mixes burned onto CDs....unfortunately they all have a strange popping noise when played on CD. However, most of them especially the Singles 5.1 mixes all sound great on the Apple Music app. Has anyone else noticed any popping noises on playing these?
Thanks!
Paul
chescowx

Post by chescowx »

I was able to play the FLAC files from a USB device through my laptop and out to AVR and it sounds great! No pops. I ran the CDs through another CD player and same pops....no idea....
Appleyard

Post by Appleyard »

chescowx wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:23 pm I was able to play the FLAC files from a USB device through my laptop and out to AVR and it sounds great! No pops. I ran the CDs through another CD player and same pops....no idea....
Well I'm just appreciating your perseverance from afar! So glad you got them working. What you've described sounds pretty much how I listen to 5.1 flacs these days. Are you going from your laptop to AVR via an HDMI cable? I just don't use discs anymore, you see, so I never test to see if they're disc compatible - and I've probably forgotten how to be honest! Soz. I vaguely remember in the distant past converting 5.1 flacs to ac3 files so I could burn them to a DVD and listen to 5.1 that way but of course that was lossy and therefore a compromise. How do you get 5.1 flacs on a cd??? Tell me your secrets!
Milu

Post by Milu »

Try "Burrrn" (Freeware).
It should work with that.
Appleyard

Post by Appleyard »

Milu wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 6:34 pm Try "Burrrn" (Freeware).
It should work with that.
Does it convert the flacs to 5.1 DTS wav files like the old DTS discs that played on special cd/dvd players or are there players that will read flacs off CDs coz I didn't think that was possible.
Milu

Post by Milu »

For this case there are "audiomuxer".
With it it works guaranteed.
You will get the result you have in mind.
chescowx

Post by chescowx »

Appleyard wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:56 pm
chescowx wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:23 pm I was able to play the FLAC files from a USB device through my laptop and out to AVR and it sounds great! No pops. I ran the CDs through another CD player and same pops....no idea....
Well I'm just appreciating your perseverance from afar! So glad you got them working. What you've described sounds pretty much how I listen to 5.1 flacs these days. Are you going from your laptop to AVR via an HDMI cable? I just don't use discs anymore, you see, so I never test to see if they're disc compatible - and I've probably forgotten how to be honest! Soz. I vaguely remember in the distant past converting 5.1 flacs to ac3 files so I could burn them to a DVD and listen to 5.1 that way but of course that was lossy and therefore a compromise. How do you get 5.1 flacs on a cd??? Tell me your secrets!
Thanks! Yes I convert them to DTS wav files with Audiomuxer and then cue to CD