The Beatles Greatest Hits volumes 1 and 2 (Australian LPs)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: The Beatles Greatest Hits volumes 1 and 2 (Australian LPs)

Post by Lord Reith »

Moptop wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:41 pm It is not very common, being made available to members of the Dr. Ebbetts Club, set up after his public retirement, between Sept 2010 and Feb 2012, as with the majority of Club releases it was available a standard CD , Super CD, DVD, and High-resolution data file. ;)
Since this was all ten years ago now, can't somebody please share some of the more interesting ones here? The Essential Beatles would be a great start! 8-)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
paul62

Post by paul62 »

James_Creek wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:56 pm gofiles do not exist.
Rui wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:18 pm Hey! Could You Do A Possible Re-upload? Thank You! ^v^ (So Excited On Hearing These! :D)
tammytingles wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:14 am Hi,
Rui wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:18 pm Hey! Could You Do A Possible Re-upload? Thank You! ^v^ (So Excited On Hearing These! :D)
I second this plea. :-)
These were first shared via a torrent I'd uploaded: a search on https://bt4g.org/ will help you find that.

If you don't do torrents, then somebody who downloaded from the two Gofiles links could step up to the plate and offer new links, I guess. (I know one guy who joined my board just to get these 'drops, but I haven't seen the crusty old bugger there since then... :lol: ).

I may upload a torrent for my 24 bit 48 kHz 'drop of "The Essential Beatles" at some point. I'd uploaded this 'drop "in the 'zone" eighteen months ago, or so.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

paul62 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 am (I know one guy who joined my board just to get these 'drops, but I haven't seen the crusty old bugger there since then... :lol: ).
Well, yeah that was a bit crap of me. But it wasn't deliberate. I just find it hard to spread myself over two boards. I will endeavour to post my uncirculating 3 hour Cavern tape on your board.

(That was a joke folks)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:21 am
paul62 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:25 am (I know one guy who joined my board just to get these 'drops, but I haven't seen the crusty old bugger there since then... :lol: ).
Well, yeah that was a bit crap of me. But it wasn't deliberate. I just find it hard to spread myself over two boards. I will endeavour to post my uncirculating 3 hour Cavern tape on your board.

(That was a joke folks)
Ah, yes, that three hour tape of The Big Three cutting loose and kicking out the jams on extended versions of "Some Other Guy" and "What'd I Say", with John and Paul among the crowd. Everybody's yelling and screaming their heads off: you can hear John and Paul screaming away, at times. An amazing document that the world needs to hear...!!!

At any rate, there's four of you now...a red one, a yellow one, a green one and a blue one. You can spread yourself around like a postage stamp or a bank note... :lol:
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

These are still available, with the link provided by r9453 on page two: be quick, though.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/500mcvwekljp ... o6Yra?dl=0

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
beatlescollectors

Post by beatlescollectors »

Hi friends ... :)
can anybody help me please with the download link (re-up)
Thank you in advance ! :)
bulldog1969

Post by bulldog1969 »

paul62 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:30 am I'd had a special request from a new member of my joint to upload these two GH volumes via Gofiles (or similar), so here we go. Go files go!! (link below)

This set was one of the first to feature a stereo "She's A Woman", so it was something that was prized by Beatles collectors through the vinyl/cassette era. That's why I'm putting it here: these LPs are now rare and include a rare stereo mix.

This is the 10th Anniversary Edition (details as per discogs): I've got the Melbourne - 3DB version, which I'd bought second-hand. The previous owner/s had looked after it (and I've maintained the same level of care!!).

www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Greatest-Hi ... se/3087093

Notes
Made in Australia by E.M.I. (Australia) Limited

In February of 1973, ten years and three years after, respectively, the release of the Beatles' first and last albums, a group of affiliated radio stations across Australia sponsored the release of an LP which packaged together the previously released compilations, Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Greatest Hits Volume 2 as, The Beatles Greatest Hits Volumes One And Two (The Beatles' Australian 10th Anniversary 1963-1973). The vinyl was housed in a custom gatefold sleeve, to which was attached a gold sticker bearing the name of the radio station which was promoting the album in a particular Australian State or Territory. While there was no new content, or new mixes of old content, on the album, the labels eschewed the orange hue that characterised contemporary Beatles releases in favour of a more subdued lilac/purple colour; not a particularly earth-shattering variation perhaps but one which undeniably adds to the unique character of the Australian Beatles labelography. The album was available for only two or so months.

The stations involved were:

Sydney - 2UE
Newcastle - 2KO
Melbourne - 3DB
Brisbane - 4BK
Adelaide - 5AD
Perth - 6PR
Hobart - 7HT
Launceston - 7EX
Barcode and Other Identifiers
Matrix / Runout (Side A - Handwritten): YAPAX1015
Matrix / Runout (Side B - Handwritten): YAPAX1016