deldave

Re: Here Comes The Sun Sessions

Post by deldave »

Cool thanks for this. :D
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

csnyfan wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:43 am
StephenLofty wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:50 amThe “unused guitar solo” mix is very well down too.
It's the one I made.
millerTEK wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:12 amI had extracted the surround channels with Orchestra and Moog - but I see you separated them...awesome because according to the Recording Sessions book, the Moog overdub was added AFTER the Orchestra SI.
I have a clean orchestra track: hxxps://we.tl/t-GRKWosZ1YA
Thanks csnyfan! Is it possible to separate the hand claps from the drum tracks! I want to hear a basic Beatles instrumentation of guitars, bass, and drums only then with George vocals.
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

I've been late to the party again. Can this be reposted? TIA
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Applejam101 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:30 am I've been late to the party again. Can this be reposted? TIA
hxxps://we.tl/t-9W5dtyJ0qa
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

Thank you
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I really am interested in your version with the additional guitar solo...
most versions of this I have heard include the strings and moog...yours does not!

I wonder how long they kept that guitar solo in the middle now...did they dump it before the strings and moog overdub session or not? Your version might provide a nice reconstruction of a take that includes it before the strings and moog....

steve
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I found something interesting -

check Lewisohn's recording sessions book - on Jul 7, 69 - TAKE 13 was the best track and used for the remaining overdubs for the release. Take 13 - used the bass track you separated, the drum track you separated (but we STILL have to remove the clapping), and the 2 acoustic guitar tracks you separated (but we STILL have to remove the moog from them), SO YOU COULD CREATE a Take 13 without the Guide Vocal.

That's okay, because the next day July 8, the guide vocal was wiped after George overdubbed his main vocal (which you separated as well). ALSO - you separated the BACKUP Vocals which were also recorded and overdubbed that day, too. Those overdubs onto Take 13 would make Take 14. Then they made a reduction mix to create Take 15.

SO you could ALSO re-create a Take 14 and 15 with your separations and little more work.

With these abilities to use technology to make better separations, I think RECONSTRUCTING unreleased takes would be a kool project! We know they will never release all recorded takes and overdubs - but if we can RECONSTRUCT them - should we try???? Especially if we have enough documented material that tells us what those unreleased takes sounded like?

Keep up the good work!
4marox27

Post by 4marox27 »

millerTEK wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:08 am I found something interesting -

check Lewisohn's recording sessions book - on Jul 7, 69 - TAKE 13 was the best track and used for the remaining overdubs for the release. Take 13 - used the bass track you separated, the drum track you separated (but we STILL have to remove the clapping), and the 2 acoustic guitar tracks you separated (but we STILL have to remove the moog from them), SO YOU COULD CREATE a Take 13 without the Guide Vocal.

That's okay, because the next day July 8, the guide vocal was wiped after George overdubbed his main vocal (which you separated as well). ALSO - you separated the BACKUP Vocals which were also recorded and overdubbed that day, too. Those overdubs onto Take 13 would make Take 14. Then they made a reduction mix to create Take 15.

SO you could ALSO re-create a Take 14 and 15 with your separations and little more work.

With these abilities to use technology to make better separations, I think RECONSTRUCTING unreleased takes would be a kool project! We know they will never release all recorded takes and overdubs - but if we can RECONSTRUCT them - should we try???? Especially if we have enough documented material that tells us what those unreleased takes sounded like?

Keep up the good work!
I would need a hand to do that project, but now im working in Something Sessions.
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

sorry...reup if someone could? PLEASE! Thanks!!