Abbey Road (Black Triangle) CD

Fan created remixes and rare variations
noirbar

Re: Abbey Road (Black Triangle) CD

Post by noirbar »

michael_charles wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm
Paul,

WOW!!! 1st of all THANK YOU so much for doing this, 2nd of all it sounds fantastic like all of your work.
I appreciate everyone one of your contributions.

Michael
I'm right there with you Michael.

Paul,

WOW!! This sounds fantastic. Listening now. Love all the comments but please keep it coming. And thanks for your hard work.

NB (aka/ the other Michael)
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Some interesting commentary while I've been asleep: Mrs 62 tells me I was tossing and turning in my sleep, so through some sort of miracle that defies explanation, I must have been still logged into this site (and this thread) when I went to bed...!!! :lol: :D

First and foremost, thanks to people who've given these uploads positive commentary (and thanks for getting involved in this interesting thread, everybody).

OK, so I am going to finish off this set, for people collecting these tracks: as I've stated, I want a replica of the lauded Pro Use LP (as it sounds when played on my half-decent hi-fi system) which, as a by-product, does away with the pre-emphasis/de-emphasis process. That's all I wanted out of this project: I'm not going to sit here and type out that this is the only version of Abbey Road you'd need to have (or any silly, hubristic nonsense like that).

When it comes to remastering and remixing in this open-source era, I don't think any version of an album or a track can be described as the definitive version, whether it has been prepared by a fan (with love and affection) or by the copyright holders (with dollar signs in their eyes!!).

I thought I'd compare the well-regarded '87 CD version of Come Together to the Pro Use/Black Triangle hybrid version I've prepared and shared and show what would happen if the '87 CD version was used as a basis to equalise the hybrid:

The Pro Use/Black Triangle hybrid version on the top is a tad louder (by 1.164 dB) than the '87 CD version below it and has more spiky dynamics and transients (to my eyes) than the '87 CD version.
There's not a lot of difference between the two in the subsonic end but from about 55Hz to 2kHz, the '87 CD has a deep and wide ditch. From 2kHz to about 12.5 - 13kHz there's a small but steep hill and then a deep hole from 13kHz onwards:

"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

paul62 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:00 am Some interesting commentary while I've been asleep: Mrs 62 tells me I was tossing and turning in my sleep, so through some sort of miracle that defies explanation, I must have been still logged into this site (and this thread) when I went to bed...!!! :lol: :D

First and foremost, thanks to people who've given these uploads positive commentary (and thanks for getting involved in this interesting thread, everybody).

OK, so I am going to finish off this set, for people collecting these tracks: as I've stated, I want a replica of the lauded Pro Use LP (as it sounds when played on my half-decent hi-fi system) which, as a by-product, does away with the pre-emphasis/de-emphasis process. That's all I wanted out of this project: I'm not going to sit here and type out that this is the only version of Abbey Road you'd need to have (or any silly, hubristic nonsense like that).

When it comes to remastering and remixing in this open-source era, I don't think any version of an album or a track can be described as the definitive version, whether it has been prepared by a fan (with love and affection) or by the copyright holders (with dollar signs in their eyes!!).

I thought I'd compare the well-regarded '87 CD version of Come Together to the Pro Use/Black Triangle hybrid version I've prepared and shared and show what would happen if the '87 CD version was used as a basis to equalise the hybrid:

The Pro Use/Black Triangle hybrid version on the top is a tad louder (by 1.164 dB) than the '87 CD version below it and has more spiky dynamics and transients (to my eyes) than the '87 CD version.
There's not a lot of difference between the two in the subsonic end but from about 55Hz to 2kHz, the '87 CD has a deep and wide ditch. From 2kHz to about 12.5 - 13kHz there's a small but steep hill and then a deep hole from 13kHz onwards:

Thanks Paul.

Not asking you to do what I do, I sleep fast :)
paul62

Post by paul62 »

michael_charles wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 am
Thanks Paul.

I've got Polythene Pam coming up: she's the kind of gal......who'll keep some of us awake all night!!!
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
michael_charles

Post by michael_charles »

paul62 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:15 am
michael_charles wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 am
Thanks Paul.

I've got Polythene Pam coming up: she's the kind of gal......who'll keep some of us awake all night!!!
Can't wait...
paul62

Post by paul62 »

12 - Polythene Pam (Black Triangle CD version EQ-matched to Pro Use LP version by paul62).wav

hxxps://gofile.io/d/AC2DMO
Last edited by paul62 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

paul62 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:24 am
12 - Polythene Pam (Black Triangle CD version EQ-matched to Pro Use LP version by paul62).wav

Thanks, paul62. These sound good to me, and this is exactly the sort of thing I would do for my personal listening pleasure, so...
...and my regards to Mrs. 62!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
paul62

Post by paul62 »

13 - She Came In Through The Bathroom Window (Black Triangle CD version EQ-matched to Pro Use LP version by paul62).wav

hxxps://gofile.io/d/XKf9bh
Last edited by paul62 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:36 am
paul62 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:24 am

Thanks, paul62. These sound good to me, and this is exactly the sort of thing I would do for my personal listening pleasure, so...
...and my regards to Mrs. 62!
Thanks, Rave!! I will pass on your best regards to Mrs 62!! I'm here, on my ownsome for the day, making a big pot of chicken soup and mixing up these tracks.

I've got another Abbey Road version, made from the USB stick version, which was EQ-matched to a late '70s Australian-cut LP. I've shared that one before, but think I'll use Rory Leith's high pass filter trick to revamp that.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing