Beatles Live In Paris 1965 (2023 Stereo Mix)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
DocRobert

Re: Beatles Live In Paris 1965 (2023 Stereo Mix)

Post by DocRobert »

Thanks Engonoceras - the original mono audio track had lots of compression pumping (sound coming and going) and the group kept wandering away from their microphones so vocal levels varied greatly throughout each song. Also Ringo's bass drum was often lost in this mono mix, as was definition in Paul's bass guitar. What took the time was correcting many of these issues on a track-by-track, bar-by-bar basis to mainly ensure that fluctuations in levels of instruments and vocals was controlled and stabilised, rather than the heavy-handed live TV compression causing the unpleasant pumping effect. I then wanted to open up this corrected mono mix into stereo and spread out the sound without introudicing any artefacts at all (which I hate), and then knit it all back together so that this stereo mix sounded punchy and natural, and filled out the soundstage. I'm glad you liked what I managed to do.

Kev
foolonthepill

Post by foolonthepill »

I am not really into these mono-to-stereo remixes, or any fan-made remixes for that matter, but I must say this one is really good.
Way back I tried to clean up and even up the fluctations in volume on the original mono mix but no matter what I did the concert still ended up sounding dull and lifeless.
That was a bit of a shame because there is acually a lot of energy in this concert but I was never able to bring it to the fore.
This mono-to-stereo remix cleans up the whole thing and gives us a whole new and exciting concert by bringing the energy to the fore.
For me it was like I had never heard this concert before, that is how exciting I find it.
Thanks for taking the time and the effort to work wonders on this mono recording and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.
I never thought I'd be happy for this recording but I sure am now - Thanks a lot!
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

foolonthepill - thank you very much! I'm delighted that you acknowledge and appreciate all my hard work to rebalance the wildly fluctuating volume levels, separate the instruments from the vocals, and then put all the pieces back together again to create a first-time Stereo mix.

I did the same Stereo process with other mono Beatles TV performances I previously posted in this forum (Royal Variety Show 1963, Drop-In Sweden 1963, Morecambe & Wise Show 1963, Blackpool Night Out 1965, and, audio only as no video survives, Blackpool Night Out 1964 - I hope you managed to check all these out too (not forgetting my new Stereo mixes of mono singles She Loves You, I'll Get You, Love Me Do and P.S. I Love You).

Kev (DocRobert)
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thank you !
veejay

Post by veejay »

Thank you Kev for the stereo re-mix on film, and Yves for the re-up.
chescowx

Post by chescowx »

Can this be reupped again with just the audio file? Thanks so much!!
veejay

Post by veejay »

Re-up FLAC file:
hxxps://we.tl/t-7JPSO1wHfX
chescowx

Post by chescowx »

Thank you for the reup!!!
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Thank you so much DR. It's taken me quite awhile to warm up to the mono to stereo concept (maybe I'm overly "purist"), but frankly, LR's Fabracadabra changed my whole outlook. This concert now sounds really really great, and I appreciate all your time and effort just to share with us FabFanatics, er board friends.

All best,
Michael
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

noirbar wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:04 am Thank you so much DR. It's taken me quite awhile to warm up to the mono to stereo concept (maybe I'm overly "purist"), but frankly, LR's Fabracadabra changed my whole outlook. This concert now sounds really really great, and I appreciate all your time and effort just to share with us FabFanatics, er board friends.

All best,
Michael
Thanks Michael, I'm glad you like my stereo work. I always strive for clarity with zero artefacts or nasties, no fake overdubs, and total mono compatibility. Check out my other work on this forum too.

Kev (DocRobert)