Beatles Live In Paris 1965 (2023 Stereo Mix)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
blackcatbone

Re: Beatles Live In Paris 1965 (2023 Stereo Mix)

Post by blackcatbone »

Thank you very much
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thank you so much.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Extremely well done! Makes that show come alive!

If I were to offer a suggestion to make this even better, it would be this:

The stereo mix should match the placement of the instruments in the video, especially when watching the video (ie, bass at left, rhythm/lead at right, drums near center, vocals panned a bit off center L & R depending on who is singing).

Right now we have drums L, vocals C, guitars and bass R.

Assuming you still have the completed and final stems around, maybe you could try some different panning options (or let somebody here try it).

For anybody doing demixing, I always say, a separation of elements is not a mix - it's a demonstration of separation;-). I know it seems odd to still keep drums, bass and vocals near C after a demix, but this might be more natural sounding.
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

This is really nice. Thanks for this
jpa

Post by jpa »

Many thanks for this!
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

Thank you blackcatbone, El_Garnati, alphabeatles, jgjohnson, and jpa.
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:46 pm Extremely well done! Makes that show come alive!

The stereo mix should match the placement of the instruments in the video, especially when watching the video (ie, bass at left, rhythm/lead at right, drums near center, vocals panned a bit off center L & R depending on who is singing).

Assuming you still have the completed and final stems around, maybe you could try some different panning options (or let somebody here try it).

For anybody doing demixing, I always say, a separation of elements is not a mix - it's a demonstration of separation;-). I know it seems odd to still keep drums, bass and vocals near C after a demix, but this might be more natural sounding.
I would have also kept in the banter... but only because I'm a bit OCD :lol:
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

alphabeatles wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:46 pm Extremely well done! Makes that show come alive!

Thanks DocRobert, this is a great mix as I can hear a great sound, not artifacts at all(the more you separate the Stems the more you get artifacts, you got to make the right balance in order to get a good mix) at first I was listening in the headphones and got a great experience. :shock:

As for alphabetles´suggestion, that´s a great challenge, a very interesting challenge. Panning Stems is not as easy as just move the control in the "console", we do not have discrete tracks and all the stems give us an "artificial" separation. Anyway that´s a great challenge. I´ve been trying to get a good Demix-Mix for the Ed Sullivan Shows in order to get Sullivan in a decent Stereo "mix", but after a few mixes, I haven´t been satisfied at all, I´ve heard other mixes shared in the forum, but none of them seems to be the best Stereo mix for the Sullivan Concerts. IMO and experience Live Beatles performances are not easy to Demix-Mix and get a good quality final Mix. I just heard a Tokio-66 Demix-Mix and I must say is far from being a good "Mix" as the one made by DocRobert.

PS. Yesterday I had a great evening watching the Paris Concert with this new Demix-Mix. DocRobert Thanks a lot for this great work. 8-)
Last edited by ruedabeat on Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocRobert

Post by DocRobert »

Thank you Volker and alphabeatles. This was the first time I had tackled a full half-hour Beatles concert performance but, like my previous video/stereo posts here (Blackpool Nights Out '64 and '65, Morecambe & Wise Show '63, Drop-In '63, Royal Variety '63, plus my stereo mixes of Love Me Do / PS I Love You / She Loves You / I'll Get You) my main priority was to not have any audible artefacts which, for me, totally spoil the stereo sound. Of course, if you want to compare my mixes to the mono originals just press the 'mono' button on your amplifier or media player as all my stereo mixes are mono-compatible. In creating my new stereo mixes my aim was to make their live TV performances sound bigger, more involving and expansive, especially on headphones. So I hope I achieved that :-)

Kev (aka DocRobert)