Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source] NEW REMASTER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
alphabeatles

Re: Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source] NEW REMASTER

Post by alphabeatles »

beatlesondvd wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:44 am
alphabeatles wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:32 am Correct date is June 25, yes.
Note quite. It was June 15
I think I meant to type a 1! Thanks...
khundalini

Re: Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source] NEW REMASTER

Post by khundalini »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:36 am I decided to re-cut khundalini's version to move the track splits a little* (I like live shows edited just-so), and while doing so I noticed there were quick but startling volume bursts in the audience cheers between songs for some reason.

So I fixed these while doing the recut as well as balanced the L/R levels and normalized all songs independently (no EQ or compression, etc.). My 16/44 FLAC recut is here, in a single folder:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aw30_Z5-6PkEn18w7a7Z5PeD2HacqbnF/view?usp=share_link

*I loaded all tracks into Audacity, aligned them end to end, mixed and rendered, reduced overall volume by -1 to get rid of the red peak warning on the R channel, then output the entire show as a single FLAC file. In Sound Studio (on Mac) I placed markers where I wanted them and exported the split tracks from there, then normalized the set using Amadeus Pro. Was easier than it sounds...

Audio quality is quite good, so thanks again to khundalini for sharing his capture!

PS: AND AFTER ALL THAT, I just realized I have an mp4 of a stereo Japanese broadcast of the show...! I'll rip the audio and see how it compares to our two sources here.

>Japanese broadcast is the same wet mix but has some video buzzing here and there not found on khundalini's version, so that saves me some editing...
Thank you for you additional work, alphabeatles! I take over the new processing. :D
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

I have 2 original versions, one Italian, one Spanish. I can rip them if needed.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much to you both, Khundalini and Alpha! :mrgreen:
Ale.
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

khundalini wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:35 am
alphabeatles wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:36 am I decided to re-cut khundalini's version to move the track splits a little* (I like live shows edited just-so), and while doing so I noticed there were quick but startling volume bursts in the audience cheers between songs for some reason.

So I fixed these while doing the recut as well as balanced the L/R levels and normalized all songs independently (no EQ or compression, etc.). My 16/44 FLAC recut is here, in a single folder:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aw30_Z5-6PkEn18w7a7Z5PeD2HacqbnF/view?usp=share_link

*I loaded all tracks into Audacity, aligned them end to end, mixed and rendered, reduced overall volume by -1 to get rid of the red peak warning on the R channel, then output the entire show as a single FLAC file. In Sound Studio (on Mac) I placed markers where I wanted them and exported the split tracks from there, then normalized the set using Amadeus Pro. Was easier than it sounds...

Audio quality is quite good, so thanks again to khundalini for sharing his capture!

PS: AND AFTER ALL THAT, I just realized I have an mp4 of a stereo Japanese broadcast of the show...! I'll rip the audio and see how it compares to our two sources here.

>Japanese broadcast is the same wet mix but has some video buzzing here and there not found on khundalini's version, so that saves me some editing...
Thank you for you additional work, alphabeatles! I take over the new processing. :D
I was not even a day old when this show was broadcasted on FOX25... so I fully appreciate all the hard work that's gone into these remasters!
dannysonar

Re: Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source]

Post by dannysonar »

alphabeatles wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:07 pm
I was able to locate an MP3 version of this title, so we can compare.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IRO87vLkv7eyZr_eSKkR_OecG6GHbKth/view?usp=share_link
Thanks a lot ! Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I had lost hope and I wasn't checking this thread anymore until today...
Definitely a different mix.