Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source] NEW REMASTER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
alphabeatles

Re: Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source]

Post by alphabeatles »

dannysonar wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:44 pm For a second I thought this topic was about THAT release :
https://www.discogs.com/release/1972971 ... -The-Crowd

It's called "Out in the crowd".
I had a copy of this on tape but I lost it.
I'm 99% sure (it's been thirty years...) that it's a very different mix from what is on the Misterclaudel CD or the video mix. I'm remembering it as a very dry mix, with the audience mixed very low, as if it was directly from the mixing desk. It was not the complete concert.
Would anybody have this one ? I've been wondering about it for years... Thanks in advance !
I was able to locate an MP3 version of this title, so we can compare.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1IRO87vLkv7eyZr_eSKkR_OecG6GHbKth/view?usp=share_link
khundalini

Re: Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source] NEW REMASTER

Post by khundalini »

That's the way it is.

The version from alphabeatles has a better sound but is incomplete.

Now I've gotten excited and can present a new remaster from another source. (Even if the interest in the matter is limited.)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiMiKxiVdVp8gdY_9Vc ... A?e=IKfzV8
alphabeatles

Re: Paul McCartney ...in the new world (Charlotte, 1993) [diff. source] NEW REMASTER

Post by alphabeatles »

khundalini wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:36 am That's the way it is.

The version from alphabeatles has a better sound but is incomplete.

Now I've gotten excited and can present a new remaster from another source. (Even if the interest in the matter is limited.)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiMiKxiVdVp8gdY_9Vc ... A?e=IKfzV8
Thanks for this, I appreciate you doing it!

I watched this live on TV at the time so it's a special interest for me.

Your remaster sounds really good! I haven't A/B'd it with my other copies yet but I did check to see if the hum was gone, and it was!
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You!!
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Thanks a lot for the re-upped and bettered one, khundalini (I missed it the first time) - but what about the date (month)? Your file says June but on alphabeatles' mp3-version (thanks for that one too) it says September which is the correct date in 1993 if I remember right :) Robert
Jay

Post by Jay »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:03 pm Thanks a lot for the re-upped and bettered one, khundalini (I missed it the first time) - but what about the date (month)? Your file says June but on alphabeatles' mp3-version (thanks for that one too) it says September which is the correct date in 1993 if I remember right :) Robert
The Charlotte concert took place on the June 15th 1993.

https://www.the-paulmccartney-project.c ... 06-15/amp/

Perhaps it was aired on TV in September?
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:03 pm Thanks a lot for the re-upped and bettered one, khundalini (I missed it the first time) - but what about the date (month)? Your file says June but on alphabeatles' mp3-version (thanks for that one too) it says September which is the correct date in 1993 if I remember right :) Robert
Correct date is June 25, yes, and I watched it live so it must have aired the same day. As I recall these 30 years later!

The mp3 version I found was as-is so the mistake was on there (I didn't notice...).
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

I decided to re-cut khundalini's version to move the track splits a little* (I like live shows edited just-so), and while doing so I noticed there were quick but startling volume bursts in the audience cheers between songs for some reason.

So I fixed these while doing the recut as well as balanced the L/R levels and normalized all songs independently (no EQ or compression, etc.). My 16/44 FLAC recut is here, in a single folder:

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aw30_Z5-6PkEn18w7a7Z5PeD2HacqbnF/view?usp=share_link

*I loaded all tracks into Audacity, aligned them end to end, mixed and rendered, reduced overall volume by -1 to get rid of the red peak warning on the R channel, then output the entire show as a single FLAC file. In Sound Studio (on Mac) I placed markers where I wanted them and exported the split tracks from there, then normalized the set using Amadeus Pro. Was easier than it sounds...

Audio quality is quite good, so thanks again to khundalini for sharing his capture!

PS: AND AFTER ALL THAT, I just realized I have an mp4 of a stereo Japanese broadcast of the show...! I'll rip the audio and see how it compares to our two sources here.

>Japanese broadcast is the same wet mix but has some video buzzing here and there not found on khundalini's version, so that saves me some editing...
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

I remember watching the TV premiere of that concert - and noting Live and Let Die after Paul's funky 'give the other fellow hell' interlude right before the song slows down for next verse, THIS GUITAR wine occurs...that never had been done before until Guns and Roses invented it in their Use Your Illusion album version that was released about the same time. I liked that! Check it out next time you listen. Was it Robbie McIntosh who did that?

steve
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:32 am Correct date is June 25, yes.
Note quite. It was June 15