3 Remixed Outtakes (byScottAlan)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

1. What Is Life (Remix of take 1)
2. Cry Harder Little Baby (Remix of Cry Baby Cry rehearsal)
3. In The Place Where I Was Born (Remix of demo)

hxxps://we.tl/t-Belwd514oA
Last edited by theboxinargentina on Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BTL1210

Re: 3 Remixed Outtakes (byScottAlan)

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thanks. A greeting.
(Gracias. Saludos desde la madre patria)
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, TheBoxInArgentina! :mrgreen:
Ale.
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

Love the trippy Cry Baby Cry. Thanks
theboxinargentina

Applejam101 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:18 pm Love the trippy Cry Baby Cry. Thanks
Welp I re-did it. Swapped out the vocal flub and has a new sound. I think it's better now. Link up top.

Thanks everyone!
BTL1210

Re: 3 Remixed Outtakes (byScottAlan) - UPDATED W New Version

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - thanks for the swapped vocal....
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

theboxinargentina wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:49 am 3 Remixed Outtakes (byScottAlan)

1. What Is Life (Remix of take 1)
2. Cry Harder Baby (Remix of Cry Baby Cry rehearsal)
3. In The Place Where I Was Born (Remix of demo)

Good for a week:
hxxps://we.tl/t-GXBj8KyiBf

New version of Cry Baby Cry:
hxxps://we.tl/t-l2huHcCYjn

Swapped out the vocal flub and new mix
Well, I really enjoyed the "In The Place Where I Was Born" remix of the demo. Could you please tell me more about the backing-track ? is it you playing ?
"Cry Harder Baby (Remix of Cry Baby Cry rehearsal)" was one of my favorite new track from the White Album box set; this bluesy guitar which reminds me Booker T. sound, especially Steve Cropper guitar's bluesy style.
Here, is it me, or is there a kind of "Portishead" (their very first famous single "Glory Box" if I remember well the name of this song) ?

I did to hear so far (just discovered the download link the "New version of Cry Baby Cry")
theboxinargentina

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:10 am Well, I really enjoyed the "In The Place Where I Was Born" remix of the demo. Could you please tell me more about the backing-track ? is it you playing ?
"Cry Harder Baby (Remix of Cry Baby Cry rehearsal)" was one of my favorite new track from the White Album box set; this bluesy guitar which reminds me Booker T. sound, especially Steve Cropper guitar's bluesy style.
Here, is it me, or is there a kind of "Portishead" (their very first famous single "Glory Box" if I remember well the name of this song) ?

I did to hear so far (just discovered the download link the "New version of Cry Baby Cry")
Thank you and good questions!

For "In The Place Where I Was Born" I converted John's acoustic guitar to midi in melodyne. Then I used Ample Guitar SJ to play the midi. Theoretically it's pretty much the same performance, but replaced with the upgraded sound of a well-recorded Gibson SJ-200 acoustic. For the piano at the end I again used John's acoustic guitar converted to midi, but this time played the midi with a piano emulator.

Cry Baby Cry is the Beatles performance but with Ringo's kick and snare augmented using XLN Audio Addictive Trigger (he's still there and it's still his performance). It's been mixed much differently of course, with probably the major thing being a stereo delay on George's (outstanding) guitar track. Like you I really enjoy this rehearsal version of the song. I actually prefer it to what was released on the White Album.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I like this idea of converting the original's John Lennon's rhythm guitar and his original tempo and style to midi (I suppose than now with A.I tools the "conversion" is more "accurate") rather than playing guitar or piano like the usual backing track.
It's a smart approach; pretty neatty.

I remember like one year ago someone posting a piano rendition of Happy Xmas (War Is Over If You Want It) using John's vocal from the studio version but with just piano. Unfortunately the rest of the track was kind of out-of-tempo; but the intro with John's voice and this piano just gave me the chills. An tear dropping intro.
Was it your mix ? Happy Xmas John' Vocals - Instrumental cover (Maroon 5) - I suppose that Maroon 5 is a keyboard which emulates grand piano sound.
But here this was not an attempt on converting John's guitar to MIDI, it was a "traditional" backing track done by the remixer.