Stupid question, apologies

Fan created remixes and rare variations
r9453

Re: Stupid question, apologies

Post by r9453 »

I have not tried Vox but I use VLC on my iPhone. In fact I used VLC yesterday to listen to the 20YA rip of the Disque Americ Revolver CD. I like the way you can load files via Wi-Fi but if they are not tagged exactly right they won't display (or play) in the correct order. I also have Foobar but only tried it once.
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

Evermusic is also great for playing and streaming with an iphone :)
I can not do without it

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/evermusic ... d885367198
r9453

Post by r9453 »

"Evermusic is also great", thanks Solo I have not tried that one. While looking for Vox I found one called Flacbox which I installed and below is the result. While I appreciate the ability to play files from my cloud, I simply can't abide them not in the correct order.
Attachments
IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg (27.02 KiB) Viewed 2157 times
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
Lemonhead

Post by Lemonhead »

I haven't tried Evermusic but on the app site it says 'The most popular audio formats are supported: MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF, M4R' - but it doesn't mention flac. If Vox works as well with flac on the phone as it does on a macbook, it might be the best option.
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

Lemonhead wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:35 pm I haven't tried Evermusic but on the app site it says 'The most popular audio formats are supported: MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF, M4R' - but it doesn't mention flac. If Vox works as well with flac on the phone as it does on a macbook, it might be the best option.
Evermusic also opens the FLACs. It works on my iphone :)
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

r9453 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:22 pm "Evermusic is also great", thanks Solo I have not tried that one. While looking for Vox I found one called Flacbox which I installed and below is the result. While I appreciate the ability to play files from my cloud, I simply can't abide them not in the correct order.
Hello Robert
Not possible with the "Sort" function?
personally I do not read them directly from my cloud (iCloud). Currently iCloud is not integrated for direct streaming listening.
I transfer my audio files to the "Import" folder for off-network listening
r9453

Post by r9453 »

Sologui wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:42 pm
r9453 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:22 pm "Evermusic is also great", thanks Solo I have not tried that one. While looking for Vox I found one called Flacbox which I installed and below is the result. While I appreciate the ability to play files from my cloud, I simply can't abide them not in the correct order.
Not possible with the "Sort" function?
personally I do not read them directly from my cloud (iCloud). Currently iCloud is not integrated for direct streaming listening.
I transfer my audio files to the "Import" folder for off-network listening
I never tried, VLC does the same thing. If there is no tag (which is common with my files) for some reason they ignore the file name. While the ability to stream from my own cloud (which is basically an online back-up) is handy I don't mind transferring the files. Like I said with VLC, you open a browser drag and drop the files and it transfers them to my phone over Wi-Fi but (if they are not tagged) they arrive unsorted. :x

EDIT: I should point out these apps are all free, aka you get what you pay for.
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

VLC is good too but one time it completely screwed up my sd card and I had to format it again and re-load everything. Not sure what happened there.

Chromecast is a good way of streaming because Bluetooth is even worse than lossy mp3 and the cc dongles also have digital outputs for connecting to an amp. That gives you more choices than buying something like Sonos speakers (which also use wifi not bluetooth). Also, you can use a cheap phone because the file itself is sent to the CC for playback, bypassing all the phone's audio circuits.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

With Evermusic I can listen to my audio files via Airplay (wifi transmission) on my DAC (digital -> analog converter). The latter is connected to my hifi stereo system. The DAC changes everything :)
I think VLC also does the same
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yeah Airplay is another good way.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene