FABRACADABRA!

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Josh

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V1,2,4 new! V3, V6, V7, V8, V9)

Post by Josh »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:24 pm
Josh wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:40 pm Hey LR, I have a silly question for you. Have you ever tried using AI mastering software in addition to AI demixing? I ran a few of your demixes through aimastering.com and I'm super impressed with the result.
I'm familiar with AI mastering and there was a big thread about it on BZ a few years ago with lots of people trying their hand at it. But personally I don't care for it since it tries to make the mix sound like a 2023 master, and I want it to sound like a 1960s master.

No objection to you posting examples but I would rather you not do everything. That would just get confusing for people.
What I like about the AI remastering is that that it sort of normalizes the loudness with the rest of my music library while not bringing forth the ridiculous low end that the Martin Giles remixes all have. That being said, I completely respect your opinion and will not be using AI remaster for all 200+ tracks. I also greatly appreciate and respect the effort that you have put into making these releases happen.
Lord Reith

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V1,2,4 new! V3, V6, V7, V8, V9)

Post by Lord Reith »

Josh wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:13 pm What I like about the AI remastering is that that it sort of normalizes the loudness with the rest of my music library while not bringing forth the ridiculous low end that the Martin Giles remixes all have. That being said, I completely respect your opinion and will not be using AI remaster for all 200+ tracks. I also greatly appreciate and respect the effort that you have put into making these releases happen.
Yeah, sorry if it seemed like I came down like a ton of bricks. I didn't intend it that way, I just get carried away on Sundays. :lol:
Appleyard wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:08 am Also, I have loved your tweaks on these Fabracadabras. Just finished listening to them all in the car which is where I find I can really appreciate your instrument placement without headphones. The last fortnight's journeys to work have been wonderful!
Excellent!
I have a request ( :D !) and I wondered if it were possible for you to have a go at it. In Strawberry Fields Forever, I've always loved both of the different pans in the 2 stereo mixes. Would you be able to create a mix that had the US strings pan on the "coz I'm going to" and the UK swarmandal pan? I didn't hear the Capitol mix until later in life when I started collecting and I love how it covers up that edit point perfectly. However, I grew up with the swarmandal pan and so of course I love that too! Would be marvellous to have a definitive version. My attempts have failed!
Anyway, I doff my hat to you, m'lud for your fine work.
Many, many thanks.
Not sure, but I will find out.
Mixerrog wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:16 pm I find that loudness compression or brick walling as I call it, can really hurt the quality of stem separations using AI or make it much harder to do
manual spectral editing due to the difference in brightness which represents audio level in the spectrum view is much harder to see so harder to work with.
This is true. Take a look at the Magical Mystery Tour DVD mixes. Some of them literally look like a solid bar.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Nine-0-Nine

Re: FABRACADABRA!

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Thanks again for everything you've been doing for us!
What about Vol.5?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Nine-0-Nine wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:05 am Thanks again for everything you've been doing for us!
What about Vol.5?
The Abracadabra version from 2021 will have to do for now. I am burned out doing these.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:59 am
Nine-0-Nine wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:05 am Thanks again for everything you've been doing for us!
What about Vol.5?
The Abracadabra version from 2021 will have to do for now. I am burned out doing these.
I can only imagine. You've put a lot of hard work into this series and the fact that you continue to tweak each volume is astounding.
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

This set sounds FABulous! :lol: Can someone please re-post Abracadabra Vol. 5 plus Vol. 10+ if they exist? I missed them back in 2021
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

HenryTheHorse wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:19 pm This set sounds FABulous! :lol: Can someone please re-post Abracadabra Vol. 5 plus Vol. 10+ if they exist? I missed them back in 2021
There's no volume 10 but maybe someone can post Abracadabra V5? There is only one version of V5 so if you have it, that's the one.
joguema

Post by joguema »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:11 am
HenryTheHorse wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:19 pm This set sounds FABulous! :lol: Can someone please re-post Abracadabra Vol. 5 plus Vol. 10+ if they exist? I missed them back in 2021
There's no volume 10 but maybe someone can post Abracadabra V5? There is only one version of V5 so if you have it, that's the one.
V5 = Toblerone: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBfaCyzs_QX34v_r5x25x0PYkffaiLbX/view?usp=share_link

Good for a few days
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

Thank you, Mr. Reith! :D
Last edited by HenryTheHorse on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

joguema wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:48 am
V5 = Toblerone: hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1rBfaCyzs_QX34v_r5x25x0PYkffaiLbX/view?usp=share_link

Good for a few days
Thank you, Mister joguema! :D