FABRACADABRA!

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Mixerrog

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V1,2,4 new! V3, V6, V7, V8, V9)

Post by Mixerrog »

LR,

Thanks for all the updated Volumes.

Rog
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks again guys.
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:17 am wunderbar! :) the Saturday existential question : it is longer than 80 minutes; any suggestion about how to split it into 2 CDs ? which song/track to open/start disc 2 ?

I have to say that "Anna" (I still can hear "just one more finger" ;) ) and "Baby It's You" are among my favorite.
But the bonus tracks just makes me cry : "Bad To Me" with backing band and the lovely (one of my favorite) "I'm In Love" with backing band.
Is it exactly the same version than the one you shared through an EP ?
or did you re-EQ and tweak these 2 songs to make in "Spectral Stereo" ?
See page 39! ;)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:54 pm Thanks again guys.
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:17 am wunderbar! :) the Saturday existential question : it is longer than 80 minutes; any suggestion about how to split it into 2 CDs ? which song/track to open/start disc 2 ?

I have to say that "Anna" (I still can hear "just one more finger" ;) ) and "Baby It's You" are among my favorite.
But the bonus tracks just makes me cry : "Bad To Me" with backing band and the lovely (one of my favorite) "I'm In Love" with backing band.
Is it exactly the same version than the one you shared through an EP ?
or did you re-EQ and tweak these 2 songs to make in "Spectral Stereo" ?
See page 39! ;)
oh, I see. Thank you very much. You even took the time to redo the artwork; that's very nice. I really appreciate.
Such great collection!

you are a good backing band or right hand on piano next to John from early Beatles to Dakota dark years. I'm still waiting, hoping, for another piano collaboration with Dr Winston O'Boogie, perhaps She's A Friend Of Dorothy or Sally And Billy ?

by the way, do you know Gayle McCormick :oops: : unfortunately this album is only available on vinyl and has never been issue on CD expect one album and compilation.
No no no, this is not just for the vinyl artwork, the voice is warm and pleasant to say the least, the arrangement reminds me (with guitar, piano and sax - Janis Joplin's band from the Kozmic blues era). I think that even Tarantino (not a fan) took one of her song for his grindhouse movie.

I have a great needle drop of this album. I have listen to it yesterday.
She did a cover of "Baby It's You" (with The Smiths) which sounds really warm and hot :
love the slow tempo with the bass + guitar lick
and "You Really Got A Hold On Me" (very nice too)- I have to check is she covered the Beatles because her voice is really nice.
Her voice his closer to Linda Ronstadt than Laura Nyro (and I tend to prefer Laura's version of "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" or "Nowhere To Run, Nowhere To Go" with Labelles (Laura Nyro "It's Gonna Take A Miracle" with Labelle is one of my favorite LP ever. I wish one day they will release the Carnagie Hall live with Labelle)
inglis

Post by inglis »

glorious new year!
johnny42

Post by johnny42 »

I noticed on some of the "new" ones you just updated, that there are less tracks, like on disc 2. The new version omits a couple songs. And on some others, you've added songs. I'm curious as to why you've removed some songs from some of them.

I'm not complaining, just curious.
wishyouawish

Post by wishyouawish »

Lord Reith what can I say more than thank you. I appreciate the amount of hard work associated with this entire series. I also thank and appreciate your willingness to share. Take care.
ntwined88

Post by ntwined88 »

Thank you! :D
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Could someone please repost Volume 3? Thanks a lot!
applebonkerz

Post by applebonkerz »

Gilbeatle wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:33 pm Could someone please repost Volume 3? Thanks a lot!
All of the volumes are available here:
viewtopic.php?p=82627#p82627
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

johnny42 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:40 pm I noticed on some of the "new" ones you just updated, that there are less tracks, like on disc 2. The new version omits a couple songs.
I don't think there are any less tracks than the previous version. Maybe the one before that? Sometimes I take something out if I feel it isn't up to scratch.

Conversely the stuff I added were things that i wasn't happy with before but sound okay now.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene