FABRACADABRA!

Fan created remixes and rare variations
harrylime

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V6)

Post by harrylime »

Very impressive and nice to see you're able to outdo yourself each time. I think especially tracks 3 to 10 sound very good, my favourites are You Won't See Me and Norwegian Wood. I do have some nitpicks though

- Day Tripper still has some remnants of the tape drop-out after "Tried to please her". Any reason to not use the more recent sources to fix this?
- I'm Looking Through You just doesn't work for me, sorry. The vocals are a bit too quiet and mixed too narrow while the "buzzer" guitar lick is too loud. Also I would have loved the false start from the US release, same way you included the hi-hat intro version of All My Loving.
- Run For Your Life starts with two "mic thumps" in the right channel?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks again guys.
harrylime wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:54 pm Very impressive and nice to see you're able to outdo yourself each time. I think especially tracks 3 to 10 sound very good, my favourites are You Won't See Me and Norwegian Wood.
Cool.
I do have some nitpicks though
Eek! You bounder!
- Day Tripper still has some remnants of the tape drop-out after "Tried to please her". Any reason to not use the more recent sources to fix this?
Actually I unfixed it! I used the 1+ stereo as a starting point rather than the 65 mix and it is already fixed on that. But I know that this missing note is a sore point with many people who are used to a gap in that spot, so I undid their fix. But I can also post the "fixed" version if you want. Me, I prefer it with the note missing, same as I like the weird "was in vain" bit in If I Fell. That kind of stuff reminds me that they were human.
- I'm Looking Through You just doesn't work for me, sorry. The vocals are a bit too quiet and mixed too narrow while the "buzzer" guitar lick is too loud. Also I would have loved the false start from the US release, same way you included the hi-hat intro version of All My Loving.

I had thought about putting it in but since it's not really part of the song I didn't.
- Run For Your Life starts with two "mic thumps" in the right channel?
Not sure what you mean. I don't hear any thumps.
MagicalMysteryWarlus wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:01 pm What demixing AI do you used? Demucs?
Demucs3B, UnmixXL and UVR.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MrMurphMcgee wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:55 pm I know it’s probably heresy to most, but I listen to stereo signals in my headphones in “spacialized stereo” mode which blend left/right a bit more and it works really well with this mix. A very comfortable headphone experience,
In the late 80s I made a little device out of Radio Shack parts which blended the left and right channels to narrow the stereo to about 75%. I found this helped give the stereo mixes more oomph by having the bass and drums less focused on one side. The downside was that it made the vocals slightly louder.

I could not have imagined then what would one day be possible. I still cannot believe it, really.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
PaquitoRock

Post by PaquitoRock »

Thank you very very very much
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

Many thanks!
BeatleG

Post by BeatleG »

I'd like to add my thanks Lord Reith. I didn't know my mid-price receiver could sound so good!

George
vickrose777

Post by vickrose777 »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:42 pm
Actually I unfixed it! I used the 1+ stereo as a starting point rather than the 65 mix and it is already fixed on that. But I know that this missing note is a sore point with many people who are used to a gap in that spot, so I undid their fix. But I can also post the "fixed" version if you want. Me, I prefer it with the note missing, same as I like the weird "was in vain" bit in If I Fell. That kind of stuff reminds me that they were human.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's great. You're the man. Thanks again!
RLester

Post by RLester »

So happy these are coming around again, thankyou.
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Many Thanks Lord Reith. Much appreciated
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

excellent, thank you :)