Fan created remixes and rare variations
BTL1210

Re: FABRACADABRA!

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you joguema ....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Good to see you around again HenryTheHorse. It's been a long time.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
HenryTheHorse

Post by HenryTheHorse »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:46 pm Good to see you around again HenryTheHorse. It's been a long time.
You too...I've enjoyed your mono to stereo creations immensely. :D I've made some of my own recently but the separation software I'm using only give me 4 extractions (drums, bass, vocals, other). I've been reading this particular thread and appreciate you sharing the type of software you are using which is giving you a lot more than 4, right?

Since most of the Beatles albums have centered vocals now, will there be an re-FABricated series with hard-left/hard-right stereo mixes like the original Please Please Me, With The Beatles, Help!, and Rubber Soul stereo mixes? ;)
AgentYaroslav007

Post by AgentYaroslav007 »

Lord Reith,

Why is there no The Inner Light on Fabracadabra Vol 9? Will it appear in Fabracadabra Vol 10?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

AgentYaroslav007 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:04 am Lord Reith,

Why is there no The Inner Light on Fabracadabra Vol 9? Will it appear in Fabracadabra Vol 10?
Only because there's nothing I could have done to improve the mix. The backing was recorded in true stereo and George's vocals overdubbed, so alone amongst all the Beatles mixes, it is perfect. There is however an acapella mix on my Evolver set.
HenryTheHorse wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:00 am I've made some of my own recently but the separation software I'm using only give me 4 extractions (drums, bass, vocals, other). I've been reading this particular thread and appreciate you sharing the type of software you are using which is giving you a lot more than 4, right?
Not really no. Sometimes I use the piano extraction in UVR but it has unpredictable results. There is also a webtool called lalal.ai which can isolate synths and acoustic guitars and things but, once again, the results are variable.
Since most of the Beatles albums have centered vocals now, will there be an re-FABricated series with hard-left/hard-right stereo mixes like the original Please Please Me, With The Beatles, Help!, and Rubber Soul stereo mixes? ;)
Ha ha! No I'll leave that to someone else. If someone's looking for a good angle, off you go!
Nine-0-Nine

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Dear Lord,

I can't stop thanking you. I've been coming by now and then hoping to see something new from you. Are you working on anything now?
RLester

Post by RLester »

Yes, a common sentiment, I'm sure, and I second this. I know you've said the Fabrication/Fabracademic you were adjusting wore you out but I'm sure I'm also not alone in expressing angst about volume 5. I think I represent many of us when I say we hope "It Won't Be Long".

Nine-0-Nine wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:19 pm Dear Lord,

I can't stop thanking you. I've been coming by now and then hoping to see something new from you. Are you working on anything now?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Nine-0-Nine wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:19 pm Dear Lord,

Pleased that you've enjoyed them. But it may be a while before there's anything more. A revised V5 will come eventually, that's a promise.
Nine-0-Nine

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:55 pm A revised V5 will come eventually, that's a promise.
Wonderful! Thanks!
RLester

Post by RLester »

Yes, thanks! And Nine-0-Nine - love your avatar - I remember that troglodyte illustration from my childhood!

Nine-0-Nine wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:04 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:55 pm A revised V5 will come eventually, that's a promise.
Wonderful! Thanks!