New mix of Sour Milk Sea

Fan created remixes and rare variations
MorseMoose

New mix of Sour Milk Sea

Post by MorseMoose »

I commented on a post on this forum that I might have a go at remixing Jackie Lomax's Sour Milk Sea backing with the vocals from George's ATMP demo of it, as the Esher demo doesn't work too well in it (in my opinion). Here is the mix.

I think it turned out alright - if anyone wants to have another go (because I appreciate that I'm not the best at mixing!), I've left my two source files - the instrumental and the vocals. (By the way, you might have to tamper with the vocals a bit to get it spot on tempo-wise. Another note - since I got my files from Gaudio Studio, they are in mp3.)

hXXps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vcGpY6q_EvDKmI7JrGyHxWr6GRjqTRd5?usp=share_link
XX=tt
csnyfan

Re: New mix of Sour Milk Sea

Post by csnyfan »

Love it! I wasn't a fan of the ATMP demo on its own, but the raspy vocal delivery really fits the backing track! Needs some work to get rid of ghosting vocals, but this version definitely has potential imo.
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

csnyfan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:49 pm Love it! I wasn't a fan of the ATMP demo on its own, but the raspy vocal delivery really fits the backing track! Needs some work to get rid of ghosting vocals, but this version definitely has potential imo.
Thank you! I tried to hide Jackie's vocals as much as possible, but they just bled through on the backing track a bit too much. Glad you liked it.
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

I like it. Good work.
Thanks
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

My new favourite version! Good one.
snrub

Post by snrub »

Well done! Isn't it a pity his phrasing is so different from the demo, because the ultimate would have been to use both the ATMP & demo vocals to create a double-tracked George.
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

So great! Thank you!
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

Wow, this is really good! Hearing the Lomax instrumental with such a high quality George voice is actually kinda surreal. Nice job!