Fan created remixes and rare variations
Rickenbacker325

Re: THE MOVEMENT YOU NEED

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

This is a particularly good entry in the LR catalogue of works
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:17 pm This is a particularly good entry in the LR catalogue of works
Indeed! That "Hey Jude" take 9 is really something. And hell, the Revolution mix is a long time coming.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys, and Happy Thanksgiving (whatever that is! :lol: )
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Doug wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:44 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 amI never realised YKMN was so popular. Myself, I still laugh out loud every time I play it. It never wears off. And though it isn't the highlight, the ska bit always brings a smile to my face with the ropey saxophone playing the upbeat.
Ditto. I understand why Paul once described it as his favorite Beatles song.
The Beatles' humour is eternal in the way that something like Monty Python is. The Python movies don't get any less funny once you've "heard the joke" so to speak. It's the delivery that makes it so funny. They were natural comedians.
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 am Thanks guys, glad you liked the Birdy Num Nums. I never realised YKMN was so popular. Myself, I still laugh out loud every time I play it. It never wears off. And though it isn't the highlight, the ska bit always brings a smile to my face with the ropey saxophone playing the upbeat.
timmyg51 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:02 am Thank you!

Wots the story with George wrecking "You Know My Name"?
What I read was that George thought the "you know my number 1, you know my number 2" section was "too self indulgent" and took the opportunity while at a recording session of his own to surpervise the Anthology edit. Thereby totally wrecking the whole point of it, which was that it be presented unedited.

Beakles fans will also be pleased to know that I have also demixed the single of Hey Jude/Revolution and these two along with YKMN will also be on the final volume of Abracadabra to compensate for their glaring omission from the super deluxe sets.
Whenever I see You Know My Name on lists of worst Beatles songs, whenever it is casually dismissed as awful, I am shocked. Loved it the first time I heard it and have never wavered. And it seems so “Beatles” to me. Everything about it tells you who they were.
Last edited by JoeWadley on Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The thing I love about it is that amidst all the acrimony of that period, we hear John and Paul putting all their problems aside and having a great laugh together. There's a perfect synergy there. Neither is trying to hog the limelight, rather they are just trying to make each other laugh. It must be a happy memory for Paul in what he probably remembers as a largely unhappy time.
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:43 pm Thanks guys, and Happy Thanksgiving (whatever that is! :lol: )
Think of it as a bank holiday but with lots of food…

:roll:
vickrose777

Post by vickrose777 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:46 am some great communities like this one have come into being, full of people who want to address the issues and are happy to share their knowledge and expertise. So we get our own little fan versions to share with each other, and that way we are happy. And in truth, maybe it's better that way.
That is great perspective. These missed opportunities have led to these communities. Just like K.C. I have more than I will ever be able to listen to. I tend to believe that a Lord Reith, or a csnyfan mix of Madman/Watching Rainbows might just surpass a Giles Martin remix.
No offense Giles...
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Nairb1956

Post by Nairb1956 »

Thank you our Lord! :D
WilliamPowell

Post by WilliamPowell »

Thanks Lord! You da man!
"Getting a clear picture on Channel 2 is not my idea of whoopee."