The 1992 CD EP box

Fan created remixes and rare variations
jpgrcat

Re: The 1992 CD EP box

Post by jpgrcat »

I used to own the 3 Inch Set, & had to sell, it due to loss of work, & I've seen the 5" Singles Set, but couldn't locate one since

Both Sets should be Issued in FLAC, in Song Order

The Single Set, shout be on 2 or 3 CD's

The EP set, 3 or 4 CD's
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

Davenicks wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:19 pm
magoocus wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:03 pm I believe the mastering on the 3" singles is different from the 5" set.
Can you continue on that? I'm trying to remember the source, but I'm pretty sure the consensus has been the masterings are the same. I have both, but inquiring minds want to know.

Dave in Nashville
It was years ago I compared the 3" singles I have, PW/Rain and ER/YS, to the 5" and I seem to recall they're not exactly the same. I don't remember the details though. At that time no one on BZ seemed to be interested. I had hoped someone with better skillz than I have would do a comparison at some point. Maybe someone already has and I haven't seen it.

If you have both sets you can pick a song and load them up in Audacity or Audition or whatever and see if they line up. I have the files somewhere on an external drive but would have to hunt for them.

At the time these came out I bought the cassette singles instead of the 3" cds... :oops:

Also I think the mastering on the Euro 5" set is different from the US set. One of them is out of phase if I remember right.
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

It's the US 5" set that's out of phase, a guy on SHtv did a comparison of both channels of each song and recommended which one to keep as your "true mono" copy. I don't think you want to fold them to mono. So the 3" singles would be different, at least the 2 I have, because they are true mono and not o-o-p. The Euro 5" set is true mono.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Here's the "Long Tall Sally" EP. The mid-range is dialed back way too far so this would be a good candidate for remastering and "EQ matching" (hint, hint). The mono mixes kick ass.

hxxps://we.tl/t-lpxt2ijY6T
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:20 pm Here's the "Long Tall Sally" EP. The mid-range is dialed back way too far so this would be a good candidate for remastering and "EQ matching" (hint, hint). The mono mixes kick ass.
It's been in the queue for quite a while, waiting for me to get around to doing it...!!!
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Man that would be excellent Paul! 😃
—Keith
Tex

Post by Tex »

It just needs to be remastered to sound good not necessarily to replicate the stereo mixes which also sound poor IMO.

Somehow they really screwed up the mid-range of both the mono and stereo but in opposite ways.
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:20 pm Here's the "Long Tall Sally" EP. The mid-range is dialed back way too far so this would be a good candidate for remastering and "EQ matching" (hint, hint). The mono mixes kick ass.

hxxps://we.tl/t-lpxt2ijY6T
Can you cite an example of any of these tracks done right? I'm really curious!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

The LTS ep on the blue UK rarities sounds pretty awesome.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:55 am The LTS ep on the blue UK rarities sounds pretty awesome.
Thank you!
Here's a vinyl rip of "Rarities" if anybody wants or needs it.

hxxps://we.tl/t-u8YnY8GFHC
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon