Good Day Sunshine (Vocals Only)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
quitefancy12

Good Day Sunshine (Vocals Only)

Post by quitefancy12 »

Here's a vocals only mix I made of Good Day Sunshine using the 5.1 mix and demucs to remove the hand claps.

If there's a better way to remove the hand claps, I would love to hear it.

Enjoy! :D
hxxps://we.tl/t-UtT3lYz4Fe
BTL1210

Re: Good Day Sunshine (Vocals Only)

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Thank you! Because no takes from this song were included in the sessions discs - I looked up the session in the Mark Lewisohn Recording Sessions bible and saw there were only a few takes and then mainly overdubs after. I guess Giles didn't like what he heard in that production form.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

So thankful for this. One night, many years ago while in college (1980s), a friend of mine and I in an, er, well, let's just say an altered state due to the mushrooms on our pizza, tried again and again to figure out what John says at approximately 1:24.

I will be sending this to him.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Sounds great. Thanks!
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Many Thanks!!
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

millerTEK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:49 am Thank you! Because no takes from this song were included in the session discs - I looked up the session in the Mark Lewisohn Recording Sessions bible and saw there were only a few takes and then mainly overdubs after. I guess Giles didn't like what he heard in that production form.
from what was said there wasn't a lot of music in those takes and the official takes only complete one....
He said we want everything but he has to make it for the general public.......

I agree to alot that with the Anthogy tracks on it is a bit off rip off getting the same take we got on but new technology so they do more to them...

also with Paperback Writer 1/2 it so odd not hearing "tape bleed" we heard one bootleg from them tape over themselves and bit extra chat....and it REAL take 2
Chris
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

quitefancy12 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:40 am Here's a vocals only mix I made of Good Day Sunshine using the 5.1 mix and demucs to remove the hand claps.

If there's a better way to remove the hand claps, I would love to hear it.

Enjoy! :D
hxxps://we.tl/t-UtT3lYz4Fe
thank u
Chris
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You for sharing with us .
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

WOA76 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:58 pm
millerTEK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:49 am Thank you! Because no takes from this song were included in the session discs - I looked up the session in the Mark Lewisohn Recording Sessions bible and saw there were only a few takes and then mainly overdubs after. I guess Giles didn't like what he heard in that production form.
from what was said there wasn't a lot of music in those takes and the official takes only complete one....
He said we want everything but he has to make it for the general public.......

I agree to alot that with the Anthogy tracks on it is a bit off rip off getting the same take we got on but new technology so they do more to them...

also with Paperback Writer 1/2 it so odd not hearing "tape bleed" we heard one bootleg from them tape over themselves and bit extra chat....and it REAL take 2
I liked how they kind of updated us with those items that were on Anthology to give us more complete and better sounding versions. Good Day Sunshine of course was not on Anthology and YES - I guess they must have made a really basic and complete ONE TAKE knowing more would be added to it later. Appears Take 1 was Drums and Paul singing (or guiding) from what I interpreted from the ML Recording Sessions book.

Paperback writer was interesting - as AT FIRST I was pissed because Take 1 and 2 have been available for years...but I noticed the ML Recording Sessions book does state Take 2 was actually THE COMPLETE RHYTHM track...which I never noticed before. So this official release is more accurate in presenting the Take2 without vocals...as vocals were overdubbed onto Take 3 which was the mixdown of Take 2. So it makes you wonder - what was the bootleg's source as when that appeared in the 90s, they didn't remix and reconstruct a Take 1 and then a Take 2 with vocals..right, why would they do that? I now think the bootleg source having the vocals on THEIR Take 2 meant their source was probably the recording of Take 3 with vocals - in which that take also included the queuing of the false start from Take 1, too. Since Take 1 was so short as a false start, and they all knew this, they just decided to let the track continue to Take 2's rhythm...and they added the vocals.

This is just speculation and I'm sure folks will chime in a disagree - which is fine, because nobody has speculated on that reasoning before...