VET SOUNDS

Fan created remixes and rare variations
JoeWadley

Re: VET SOUNDS

Post by JoeWadley »

Yes. Really enjoying these. Especially Bulldog, it was always a crappy sounding great song.

I’ve been slipping these into their place on a ABRACADABRA as they have come along (gasp!) as EPs make me break out in hives.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

LR,

Nice job on the new mixes.

Rog
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I was just wondering; I don't own the Blu-Ray but I remember that "Baby You're A Rich Man" (I love so much the melody of the verses; love a lot John's voice on this one- it sounds to me like the chorus-melody is probably from Paul ?) is in David Fincher's "Network". Did he put the "regular stereo mix", or where they allowed to split it into 5.1 channels ? that would be interesting to check, just in case.
The movie is in 5.1, the song start with the ending credits.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 am I was just wondering; I don't own the Blu-Ray but I remember that "Baby You're A Rich Man" (I love so much the melody of the verses; love a lot John's voice on this one- it sounds to me like the chorus-melody is probably from Paul ?) is in David Fincher's "Network". Did he put the "regular stereo mix", or where they allowed to split it into 5.1 channels ? that would be interesting to check, just in case.
Hmmm... that's interesting. I guess they could have been provided with an actual surround file, but I don't have the dvd. I'm not confident enough that it would be to actually fork out for it! :)
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 am I was just wondering; I don't own the Blu-Ray but I remember that "Baby You're A Rich Man" (I love so much the melody of the verses; love a lot John's voice on this one- it sounds to me like the chorus-melody is probably from Paul ?) is in David Fincher's "Network". Did he put the "regular stereo mix", or where they allowed to split it into 5.1 channels ? that would be interesting to check, just in case.
I checked just now but sadly it seems to match the regular stereo mix. I've uploaded the extracted channels here for anyone who wants to hear for themselves: hxxps://we.tl/t-PTXNp2OCUS
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Lord Reith :)
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Wow, Lord, these are really great--thanks for your efforts.

Baby/Walrus/Blue Jay sound especially amazing. Perhaps the best mixes I've heard of these. Baby sounds so clear and punchy, like it never has before. (I still have a bad taste in my memory of the old Capitol fake stereo mix! Yikes.)
BeatlesVI

Post by BeatlesVI »

I've been away and missed this. Could someone re-up this?
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Here's a re-up of VET SOUNDS, many thanks to LR
hxxps://we.tl/t-CajDo2kTwm
Cheers :) Robert
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Onkster II wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:44 pm Wow, Lord, these are really great--thanks for your efforts.

Baby/Walrus/Blue Jay sound especially amazing. Perhaps the best mixes I've heard of these. Baby sounds so clear and punchy, like it never has before. (I still have a bad taste in my memory of the old Capitol fake stereo mix! Yikes.)
Glad you enjoyed them. I can remember as a cash-strapped schoolboy forking out for the "Collectors Items" fake Capitol album (which i thought was a real album) to get a stereo mix of Baby. Then when I got it home, the start of the song was missing and the quality was terrible! I then realised that despite the amazingly convincing cover, it was not an authentic album. That was a costly mistake.

Then a few years later I finally found the import German MMT album and while that one sounded much better, Baby just didn't sound anything like the mono mix. Especially the piano sound. When I heard there was a new stereo mix on the YS Songtrack I sought that out too, but it also lacked the groovy underwater piano! So I was glad to finally produce a stereo mix with the right piano sound.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene