VET SOUNDS

Fan created remixes and rare variations
MarkRJones1970

Re: VET SOUNDS

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I'm always up for another version of 'I am the Walrus' - I remember buying the 7-inch single when I was 11 and listening to it non-stop on headphones until my ears went bright red and sore, trying to take in everything contained in the song. It is my favourite song by any artist of all time. 'Baby You're a Rich Man' was the 1st Beatles song I heard in the 1982, after just getting into them, that I had never heard anywhere before, by buying the AYNIL single. It was totally new to me. 'Hey Bulldog' is my fav 1968 John track. 'Blue Jay Way' though. While I love the psychedelic music of the Beatles the most, this one just goes on for too long and is too slow and depressing. 9 times out of 10 I skip it before it has the chance to end. Sorry George!

Thanks for these. Looking forward to hearing them once I get home from work.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
BeatlesVI

Post by BeatlesVI »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:07 pm Here's a re-up of VET SOUNDS, many thanks to LR
hxxps://we.tl/t-CajDo2kTwm
Cheers :) Robert
Thank you so much!!!
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

I don't know why but I always liked that you can hear that John momentarily leans closer into the microphone for the "Tuned to a nautral E" line in 'Baby You're a Rich Man'.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:34 pm I don't know why but I always liked that you can hear that John momentarily leans closer into the microphone for the "Tuned to a nautral E" line in 'Baby You're a Rich Man'.
Or "Tulles, you have everything" as it says on the Japanese lyric sheet! :lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Tex

Post by Tex »

It was actually the bootleg "Tuned to a Natural E" that made me realize he was not singing "Tuned to it naturally."
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I always thought the first line of Don't Ever Change was "You never were in such a place".

When Live At The BBC came out, there was also a sheet music release so I looked up the words to a few songs and discovered it is "You never wear a stitch of lace."
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:57 pm I always thought the first line of Don't Ever Change was "You never were in such a place".

When Live At The BBC came out, there was also a sheet music release so I looked up the words to a few songs and discovered it is "You never wear a stitch of lace."
That's funny-- I always thought the line was "You never wear a stich of late," meaning the girl always were old fashioned or out-of-fashion clothing.
Fab4

Post by Fab4 »

A bit late, but just found time to listen to this EP. This is so much fun to listen to. I like "I Am The Walrus" very much. Especially the piece at 2:44 "Oh oh oh, Hi hi hi, Ha ha ha" on the left right and middle. Thank you Lord for this one. :D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fab4 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:07 am A bit late, but just found time to listen to this EP. This is so much fun to listen to. I like "I Am The Walrus" very much. Especially the piece at 2:44 "Oh oh oh, Hi hi hi, Ha ha ha" on the left right and middle. Thank you Lord for this one. :D
Glad you enjoyed it.
Ronson

Post by Ronson »

Can anyone re-up "I Am The Walrus" here? Or the whole Vet Sounds?
Thanks