Sologui

Re: Piano Isolation test - NEW "For No One"

Post by Sologui »

Following the request of Rupert Pupkin

Wonderful result with "Watching The Wheels"
Listen to this :-)

hxxps://we.tl/t-4ka7hspioF
Sologui

Re: Test d'isolation du piano - NOUVEAUX mélanges "Mind Games" et "Golden Slumbers"

Post by Sologui »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:23 am is it Nicky Hopkins on Give Me Love/Give Me Peace On Earth ? (this reminds me what Nicky did for "You Are So Beautiful To Me" (Joe Cocker version)
this track with piano and George's voice just give me the chills. Superb.

I can see 2 songs by George Harrison which could have some massive emotional potential on piano :

- Bangla-Desh (the piano-lick has been borrowed by Michel Berger in the mid-seventies, he did a lot of hit piano for him and France Gall)
- That Is All - Harry Nilsson cover is superb; I would like to listen to the piano on George Harrison's original version. There is a rough early mix on a Masterfraction CD.

- Whatever Gets You Thru The Night just to hear if the piano boogie by Elton John can be isolated with John's voice. Perhaps a Legend stereo mix down 5.1 or a specific channel could help to isolate the piano; or the complete full take on His Master's Choice or Pure Lennon (Pear Records)

That's what I'm looking for with the Vocals - piano versions, to bring out the emotional side of the song

I will try to work on your new requests
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You again for sharing more of your Great Mixes .
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

this version of "Give Me Love" is magnificent.
George's voice and this piano melody just kills me.

I wonder if this A.I audio is powerful to extract the great George Harrison guitar solo from "Basket Ball Jones" (you gott the idea - having at last an instrumental version without the voice-over). There is a great use in this song in Peter Sellers's last movie with Al Hashby "Being There".
The last time I tried an A.I extraction I was able to extract and reveal much organ (Billy Preston in the end ?) but no guitar isolation.

Mind Games is great- especially since it reveals the first piano note of the song before John is starting hammering his piano.
In fact it shows that Lennon still played Mind Games on piano like he did when it was still called "Make Love Not Ware" in his composition tapes in 1970.
He add a reggae-middle 8 section (which you can hear with the bass section) but complained that the band never understood what a reggae middle-8 was.
(Poor John, he tried reggae since How Do You Sleep to Borrowed Time (he even played some Bob Marley and The Wailers record "before Bob lost the touch" to the band during the D.Fantasy sessions; but did not get the perfect result he was hoping despite his Rastafarian lessons) - he should have recorded in Kingston like Serge Gainsbourg did for Aux Armes Etc...)
"Mind Games" is really a fantastic song : I can get tired of this almost "orchestral song", with the guitar arpeggio.
Too bad that there is no other alternate vocal take than the rough mix on Absolute Elsewhere Vigotone box set.

There is Nicky Hopkins on an early take of "Bless You" (the July 13 or 14 rehearsals in 1973) on the Vigotone box set "Listen To Me".
Or perhaps check His Master's Choice source (Come On Listen To Me HMC - I don't think that this track have been re-released by HMC in its Oddities series) which is perhaps slightly improved. This is not the long take with just Jessie Ed David, Klaus Voorman and Lennon on guitar; this is the other; later rehearsal take with Nicky Hopkins on piano.
Thus this is the only version of Bless You from which you could extract a piano + vocals version: because the first long rehearsal take has only guitars (Lennon and Jessie Ed Davis) and the official album version has Ken Asher (I think) on electric piano, but no "real" piano.
If you are interested I could search the best source for the Nicky Hopkins on piano on "Bless You" and upload it to you.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

Sologui,

Good news -- the official version of DeMix Pro 4 is out -- see at https://www.audiosourcere.com/post/anno ... x-software

These new stems make for some better 5.1 upmixes!

Rog
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

So many emotions listening to this piano - Vocals version.

Mother (Take 64) - Vocals & Piano Only

hxxps://we.tl/t-LSGM9xdfqq
Sologui

Post by Sologui »

Mixerrog wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:53 am Sologui,

Good news -- the official version of DeMix Pro 4 is out -- see at https://www.audiosourcere.com/post/anno ... x-software

These new stems make for some better 5.1 upmixes!

Rog

Great, I'm downloading it :)
Alessandro Rocchi

Re: Piano Isolation test - NEW "Mother" Vocals - Piano Only

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Sologui and Mixerrog, I like very much your mixes. Thank you! :ugeek:
Ale.
beatleboymatt

Post by beatleboymatt »

Any chance anyone has a re-up of these files? I've heard them but didn't grab them the first time around. They sounded so good...

Many thanks!
Frenz89

Post by Frenz89 »

So which one is better? DeMIX pro 4 or Gaudio?