"No. 1" EP - 2022 Stereo Remix by Vel

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Vel

"No. 1" EP - 2022 Stereo Remix by Vel

Post by Vel »

Hi!

After the remixed Long Tall Sally EP, I want to present you my stereo edition of the No. 1 EP.
Over the past six months I always used to come to mix this bunch of songs at a certain point and never finish it due to my dissatisfaction with the panning on the original stereo versions, which significantly complicated my work on the stems. As I was remixing Long Tall Sally, I got bit more creative and decided to give No. 1 a thousandth try afterwards, which is when I finally finished working on the EP. Hope you enjoy it! :roll:

Download link: hxxps://mega.nz/folder/T8EDxbjT#k3smuFVUcfRNrc0DVlTA6w

InnerLight

Re: "No. 1" EP - 2022 Stereo Remix by Vel

Post by InnerLight »

Thank you. :)
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Vel - Thank you.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Thanks Vel!

Technical notes:

The vocals on all tracks (to the least degree on Anna) sound "phoned in", ie , like they are on a tinny phone. Unpleasant in headphones.
Vel

Post by Vel »

alphabeatles wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:22 am Technical notes:

The vocals on all tracks (to the least degree on Anna) sound "phoned in", ie , like they are on a tinny phone. Unpleasant in headphones.
I made the mixes while wearing headphones, everything sounds perfectly fine for me 🤷🏻
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

I agree the vocals aren't great, but what really stands out particularly on Chains is that when the vocals are present, the stereo image narrows and the instruments get lowered in volume. The music goes LOUD soft LOUD soft etc. One clear example is at 0:34 where right after 'break away from these chains' it's like someone is playing with the volume knob before 'can't run around'. Misery has it as well but slightly less noticeable, in Anna it makes George's not-that-perfect riffs at the bridge (2:00 for example) stand out like he's tuning or fiddling with his amp. The only track that 'works' for me is I Saw Her Standing There, although overall it's a bit too loud with too much bass for my taste, which loses a bit of the rhythmic contrast of the bass line with the hand claps and cymbals.
Vel

Post by Vel »

harrylime wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:46 am I agree the vocals aren't great, but what really stands out particularly on Chains is that when the vocals are present, the stereo image narrows and the instruments get lowered in volume. The music goes LOUD soft LOUD soft etc. One clear example is at 0:34 where right after 'break away from these chains' it's like someone is playing with the volume knob before 'can't run around'. Misery has it as well but slightly less noticeable, in Anna it makes George's not-that-perfect riffs at the bridge (2:00 for example) stand out like he's tuning or fiddling with his amp.
There was slight bleeding on the separate stems, as AI demixing has never been 100% perfect. I really can't help here. About the stereo picture, I used widening on the raw mixes to the extent when I found them sounding satisfactory enough.
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

AI is indeed never 100% perfect but that doesn't mean it will always sound this way. Also it's not like the other AI-based remixes posted on this forum have the same effect, or if they do I haven't noticed it to stand out like it does here. If I must think of some other example it would be most She Loves You mixes but that's of course the worst source material to start from. But even then they don''t have this loud/soft/loud/soft effect, rather some slight narrowing between the vocals and the instruments in the same frequency range. But take for example Lord Reith's Abracadabra or RalseiDeltarune's PPM Deluxe versions of these 4 songs and they don't have this effect at all.
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

thanks alot..
macca4ever

Post by macca4ever »

Thank you Vel