Revolver French Odeon release 1969 - Taxman

Fan created remixes and rare variations
yymca6

Re: Revolver French Odeon release 1969 - Taxman

Post by yymca6 »

dannysonar wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:21 am In case that's of any interest to anyone, I'm from France, I have a cassette tape of "Revolver", bought in 1990. The cover art is standard, but the cassette itself was made in France, and it also features the abridged version of "Taxman" without the count-in.

And my cassette version of Abbey Road from the same era has a very quick fade-in on the beginning of "Come Together".

Oh, and I also have a slightly older tape cassette of "Sgt. Pepper", also French, that reads "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Banb" on the side !
Est-ce possible de les numériser (toutes les 3 K7)?

That would be nice to have digital copies of these 3 cassettes, including scans of covers and cassettes.

If it's not too troublesome of course. Merci!
Last edited by yymca6 on Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yves
dannysonar

Post by dannysonar »

yymca6 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:30 pm
dannysonar wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:21 am In case that's of any interest to anyone, I'm from France, I have a cassette tape of "Revolver", bought in 1990. The cover art is standard, but the cassette itself was made in France, and it also features the abridged version of "Taxman" without the count-in.

And my cassette version of Abbey Road from the same era has a very quick fade-in on the beginning of "Come Together".

Oh, and I also have a slightly older tape cassette of "Sgt. Pepper", also French, that reads "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Banb" on the side !
Est-ce possible de les numériser (toutes les 3 K7)?

That would be nice to have digital copies of these 3 cassettes, including scans of covers and cassettes.

If it's not too troublesome of course. Mer!
Well, it would be difficult, the main reason would be not having enough time on my hands to do this, also I only have one cassette player left and it's not a great one, so the digitization wouldn't be very good given the high standards here. I do have a scanner but it's ancient and slow. So, I'm sorry but I'm afraid it's not worth the trouble, IMO. I can take pics of the covers and cassettes, though.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

dannysonar wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:16 pm [
Well, it would be difficult, the main reason would be not having enough time on my hands to do this, also I only have one cassette player left and it's not a great one, so the digitization wouldn't be very good given the high standards here. I do have a scanner but it's ancient and slow. So, I'm sorry but I'm afraid it's not worth the trouble, IMO. I can take pics of the covers and cassettes, though.
I understand if you don't have the gear to do it, that's why I don't get into vinyls even if some look interesting. Too much gear needed, especially knowing I would like to make needle-drops..

Don't worry about the scans either.
Yves