steepien's mixes | Let Me Roll It [Both Vocals]

Fan created remixes and rare variations
beatlesnyttigt

Re: Something [Strings, Vocals, & Guitar]

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Thanks for Something, but I was two days late for One Of These Days - can some please re-up that?
Many thanks, and ditto in advance :) Robert
theboxinargentina

Post by theboxinargentina »

Nice and thank you!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

beatlesnyttigt wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:08 pm Thanks for Something, but I was two days late for One Of These Days - can some please re-up that?
Many thanks, and ditto in advance :) Robert
ReUp-----> hxxps://we.tl/t-plLWcuC6jY
KC
beatlesnyttigt

Post by beatlesnyttigt »

Many thanks Kwai Chang! :D Robert
And of course also to steepien
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You for posting this . I enjoyed it a lot .
steepien

I Remember Jeep [Much More Moog Mix]

Post by steepien »

It's been a while. Whoops! I've been a bit busy with school and whatnot. :? I do have a small backlog of things to share though, so stay tuned! I'll try not to wait another year. :)
------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, here's a version of "I Remember Jeep" from George's Apple Jam, but with the Electronic Sound portions faded up throughout the whole song. I didn't do any demixing for this one, just speed corrected and laid the tracks on top of each other. So if the volume fluctuates a little, that's why. But it's okay! It's avant-garde. Totally intentional. :D
Last edited by steepien on Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rupert Pupkin

Re: I Remember Jeep [Much More Moog Mix]

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

could you please re-up the "I Remember Jeep" more Moog mix ? (your first mix) and Something + One Of These Days. I have always been fond of George's inventive use of Moog; and your mixes are damned good.
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steepien

Post by steepien »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:38 pm could you please re-up the "I Remember Jeep" more Moog mix. I have always been fond of George's inventive use of Moog; and your mixes are damned good.
I actually posted that one today so it's still up! The link is in the post right above yours. It seems to be working for me but lmk if there's any trouble.
Last edited by steepien on Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thanks a lot, I really appreciate :)

I think that for one of the Apple Jam, George was perhaps influenced by the electronic sound of "Messe pour le temps présent" by Pierre Henry. Even though the release date were closed and George was already ahead of the time by using electronic sounds on his other LP.

"Psyché Rock" - Pierre Henry made the electronic sounds (sounds like "Forbidden Planet" (the good old SFi movie) - Messe pour le temps présent is more like musique "contemporaine", the music of these "songs" were composed by M.Colombier.
I think that for "Futurama" series by Matt Groening they used "Psyché Rock" and do a remake of this theme for the intro of this serie.
The way George put some electronic sound over a guitar jam with him and Clapton which sounds brilliant, even if "Psyché Rock" sounds now very cheesy... quoique :mrgreen:

"One Of These Days" is one of my favorite song too (it's not exactly the same thing than the Pink Floyd song with Nick Mason on vocals :mrgreen: )
but my favorite and perhaps one of my top-5 McCartney post-Beatles song is "Waterfalls". Now that the Dolby Atmos mix is out perhaps there is something to do a different mix.
The vocals and melody is superb; there is a sadness through all the song which is so melancholic that even John Lennon commented it (but I think that was his feeling about the whole album). It could remind me "Warm And Beautiful" in a way but it's different. I think that Paul admired 10 CC hit "I'm Not In Love" for the vocal treatment particularly, he was really impressed and I think he mentioned it in an interview. I have the feeling that he tried the same thing with "Waterfalls" without altering too much his voice; the treatment here is way more discreet.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

steepien wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:07 pm
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:38 pm could you please re-up the "I Remember Jeep" more Moog mix. I have always been fond of George's inventive use of Moog; and your mixes are damned good.
I actually posted that one today so it's still up! The link is in the post right above yours. It seems to be working for me but lmk if there's any trouble.
------------------------------------------------------------
Additionally, here's a re-up of the first two tracks for anyone who missed them.

Expires Sept. 7
hxxps://we.tl/t-H42lXHsz0G
Love your mixes. Thank you steepien.