Mirror Spock: Abbey Road MONO mix (not folded)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
r9453

Re: Mirror Spock: Abbey Road MONO mix (not folded)

Post by r9453 »

General Pepper wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 am I don't know if it means anything, but when I insert this disc into my Collectorz Software, it identifies it as:
(Mirror Spock) (Toshiba Emi Pro-Use Ealf-97001)
Thanks, very interesting. I've got a Mirror Spock folder called "Abbey Road - Pro Use" includes wav files and an EAC log. Which might not mean anything either. I guess this is what your software is referring to. :?:
Source of my files:
http://www.bootlegzone.com/phpBB3/viewt ... =1&t=38775
Bob Dylan
LB Cloud
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

It keeps asking for a decryption key. Has anyone had any luck?
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

General Pepper wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 am I don't know if it means anything, but when I insert this disc into my Collectorz Software, it identifies it as:

(Mirror Spock) (Toshiba Emi Pro-Use Ealf-97001)
GP, that's probably the source MS used to mix this (great detective work my friend!). 8-)

P.S. there's no decryption key required for this...
—Keith
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

It works for me now. Thank you
Tex

Post by Tex »

Some of those stereo mixes are definitely wonky and musically counter productive in stereo.

They were still figuring things out in 1969.
Milu

Post by Milu »

Thank you powerPC. Sounds great!
Got the vinyl Toshiba Emi Pro-Use Ealf-97001 in my collection. :D
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Can someone please re-up this one?
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I was trying to download, file gone. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. I realized that this thread originates in 2021, not 2022. Usually I dig time travel, but only when I am in control of the situation, which is, like, never. In fact, time travel doesn't hardly work out the way anyone would expect. For example, I would like to be at Woodstock. See the show in all its glory. Experience the elements. Even the traffic jam. When I was younger, I lived in New York. I was but 4 at the time. My parents had planned to go. They were going to take me and my baby brother, who would've been 5months old for the show. They decided against it because he was too young. I have never stopped blaming my brother for this, even though it was my parents' fault I couldn't go to Woodstock. Why did I 'splain all that?...The point is, time travel to Woodstock would inevitably mean I would be attending as a 4-year old. Even as a time traveller. I would have no clue what was going on, that CCR and The Dead played excellently, that Ten Years After was woefully out of tune for most of their set, or that Jimi Hendrix was flaying my young fragile egg-shell mind into shards.

No, I don't need a re-up. I already have plenty of ways to enjoy Abbey Road, stereo, mono, 5.1 (although it's Giles 5.1.)

Sorry for the TMI. I'll show myself out.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Ziggy C wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:19 am No, I don't need a re-up. I already have plenty of ways to enjoy Abbey Road, stereo, mono, 5.1 (although it's Giles 5.1.)
Sorry for the TMI. I'll show myself out.
You had me at "I'll show myself out"...
then, ya lost me!
With the rest, I would not disagree.
Time does exist in music...but only as the past.
Time does not exist in the present...that's music.
hxxps://we.tl/t-KYzHOOunLS <----(this is a re up)
Wake and bake.
Thank you!
KC
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

With thanks and appreciation, KC!

W&B. That's a long time ago for me. I quit in early 2009. Not unironically, right as the first dispensaries were given the green light in SoCal. I'd been there, done that, for so long....smoked all my buddies under the table numerous times. I'd never advocate use of this material to anyone for any reason as it often leads to prolonged laziness, etc. But in my case, it worked big time. Here's a true story:

I used to excel in math. Still do. But I used to, too. High school AP calculus class. A program for seniors in high school to receive college credit for courses taken at the AP (Advanced Placement, or college) level. I was boggling on the concept of infinity and blowing chunks on pop quizzes. Confused. Struggling. So....I started "baking" right before calculus class. Suddenly, infinity made all kinds of sense, and then some. Differentials, integration, all suddenly coalesced in this kid's brain. I did so well, that I was up at the blackboard, high off my ass, going through calculus "proofs" and explaining this stuff to the other students. Truth. So it works for some. Not for most. I even took my final in an altered state. Aced it. The AP exam was another thing entirely. I was straight for that one. Aced it, too. State-dependent learning does achieve a level of permanence in long-term memory.

So what does this have to do with The Beatles? Well, pretty much everything. It made me dig their tunes even more.

Thanks again, brah!