Rockband Multitracks

Fan created remixes and rare variations
9knivesout

Rockband Multitracks

Post by 9knivesout »

From the liner notes:

These are all the MOGG multi-track files that are available from every song from The Beatles – Rock Band game. These files require software (such as Audacity or Reaper) that would enable the listener to be able to manipulate all the tracks for each song. Once a song is loaded into the program, the listener can then mix the individual channels till their heart’s content. This is likely the closest we’ll get to being able to actually mix a Beatle record. Unfortunately, these files are not playable as regular music tracks. They will require the software in order to enjoy what’s on them. But once that software is up and running, you’ll have quite the listening experience! Approximately one-third of the group’s entire released catalog is here and awaiting your mixdown. So please check these out – I think you’ll be quite pleased. And, as always, please seed and enjoy.

September 12, 2010

hxxps://www.transfernow.net/dl/20220803O7BEvcS6
Gringo557

Re: Rockband Multitracks

Post by Gringo557 »

Very nice, thank you for sharing!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AMAZING share ..... Thank you....
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Just curious...is this the second 'batch', where the decoding/converting from the game was improved and the sound quality was better? (I can't remember what they called it on the B-zone...)
9knivesout

Post by 9knivesout »

Onkster II wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:03 pm Just curious...is this the second 'batch', where the decoding/converting from the game was improved and the sound quality was better? (I can't remember what they called it on the B-zone...)
I'm not sure... I've loaded several of these into audacity and they all sound pretty good to me. This is the only collection of the multitracks that i have ever encountered.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

What is the difference between MOGGs and BIKs? I have seen these distributed with each song as 1 .BIK file. That is then imprted using the same instructions and all the channels are seen and can be custom mixed...and then exported to a WAV, etc for playing.
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Thank you for this share. I've not played around with the moggs before but curiosity as to how these work got me downloading this time. I loaded a couple of tracks into Audacity and tried exporting as stereo wav files...which sound pretty good. As a starting point it would be good to know the way they should sound on the console. Should they be 5 stereo pairs as I have read elsewhere? If so it is as simple as going down the 10 windows in Audacity and making them alternately L and R in the order they are loaded?

I notice this collection is incomplete though. Does anyone have the moggs for the rest...i think we are missing some of the later DLC ones and also 'the End'. Hummus905 shared a core collection plus 3 of the bum downloads back in March...did that include the ones not featured here? I'm thinking it might still be missing 'The End'...?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

millerTEK wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:28 am What is the difference between MOGGs and BIKs? I have seen these distributed with each song as 1 .BIK file. That is then imprted using the same instructions and all the channels are seen and can be custom mixed...and then exported to a WAV, etc for playing.
The moggs were from Playstation and the biks from Wii.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Is there a difference in quality?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Onkster II wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:10 am Is there a difference in quality?
The biks are the actual decryptyed multichannel files from the Wii game. The moggs were done by ripping each track separately from the PS game and then synchronising them and re-encoding them in ogg codec. So the latter are double lossy. But some of those have a higher original bitrate than the Wii, so it's swings and roundabouts. Personally i think the biks have the edge all round.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene