John and Paul 1974 - fantasy single edits

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Mr Bump

John and Paul 1974 - fantasy single edits

Post by Mr Bump »

Someone on the board recently brought up the Toot & A Snore sessions. I would concur with the general view that the tapes are unlistenable. However there is something good lurking in there - so I have made up a couple of edits of the two main songs.

John and Paul can be heard singing together on these two, and I would go so far as to say they are not unlistenable in this form... (praise indeed!)

So for your delectation, a fantasy single from 1974:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

BTL1210

Re: John and Paul 1974 - fantasy single edits

Post by BTL1210 »

EXCELLENT - Thank you.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Mr. Bump! :)
Ale.
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Nice gift !

Thank you.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
Krussell2021

Post by Krussell2021 »

Thank you.
Applejam101

Post by Applejam101 »

Thank you
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thank so much for this fantasy 45rps I still remember your amazing "what if the Beatles recorded Abbey Road via Stax" (the George Benson/Booker T. remix - pure bliss).
This Historic moments are often some missed opportunity. Too good to be true; so this turned out to be unlistenable. But your 45rps "sum up" the best of this night which was not easy to say the least :mrgreen:
I wonder if there has been some other "gigs" like this. I think so.

the HMC has some dropouts but it sounds better (different mix or source ?) than the old Mistral Music CD which I had bought when it came out without knowing its content :mrgreen:

I think that the only track who has its magic is "Nightmares" (my love) aka Footsteps. John's voice is good, and does not sound totally plastered like the rest of the "gig".
I think that John changed the lyrics because of the Shangri-Las song (I think the title of this lovely song was "Goodnight (or Goodbye) my love".
The rest of the lyrics are totally ad-libs and John's trademark Brandy Alexander.
But as soon as John's vocals are joined by Paul (who seems to like this number); John stops this impromptu song and what to go in another Stand By Me infamous cover...
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:12 am I wonder if there has been some other "gigs" like this. I think so.
Sure there were! But their drivers(chauffeurs) were laboring under explicit instructions to NOT go anywhere near Record Plant, or Western, or Sunset Sound, or Elektra, or Capitol, or Sound City, Or Gold Star, Or Village Recorders, or ANYWHERE that has tape recorders ready to roll!!! The boot is called A Toot And A Snore! You already know the rest of the story! A quantity of high grade cocaine that will allow a motley bunch of party lovers to stay on their feet or their toes for a two or three day binge AND with any luck, stay clear of Harry Nilsson...and guess what??? We know that just ain't possible. This boot made no sense when it appeared on Mistral. I bought it. I tried to keep an open mind. However, you know that Beatles fans had been indoctrinated through the 70s and 80s to the point of being afraid to play this thing. "So, Sgt. Pepper took you by surprise" you Motherless son of tricky dicky, Piss OFF Cake, lucky break Kotex Ken Fritz hating tampon waster brung to ewe by May June or Yoko Oedipus Electra orphan inKleined to most likely what a load of bullshit this crap really turned out to be! I mean, THAT must be some righteous Bolivian flake...I hear it had a pink hue to it... and it looked like a disco ball at Studio 54. The kind of stuff that after a single beep/bump/bap/tad/skosh/dab/doodle/jump-start/push/c-hair/flip/bang/whoo-ya/bling bling/bolt/jolt/hit-it-then-quit-it I CAN'T FEEL MY FRONT TEETH clang goes a bell in your ears and suddenly you can taste candy drip down the back of your throat...DOOOOOWN to your toes...as they curl up to your knees, you follow the yellow-brick road and the hammer hits the back of your head and Harry Nilsson is already ahead of you. He's wearing a terry-cloth bathrobe and slippers and mirrored aviators and a 64 oz. martini. And everyone's partying in a back yard around a swimming pool. This must be Los Angeles and not even Beverly Hills. The house looks like a tract home in the Valley. About 3 or 4 in the afternoon. EVERYone except Harry Georgeson is here. He's probably hanging at Abe Gardner's abode. BUT, after hearing about the bitter-Beatles-boo hoo divorce, you have to wonder about the photos I'm speaking of. We got, Paul and Linda, and Ringo and John and May, and Harry Nilsson(I was kidding about the bathrobe...that was at the Capitol Tower for Ringo's Vienna album) but WHAT the hell? NOBODY is fighting. These bastards made that shit up. Instead of hanging together and weathering the Sticky Fingers/Exile On Main St. storm...they thought they could do better in L.A. on the REAL Thang Coca Coca Coca with the Lime And The Coconut pretending to be bitching and moaning and pissing and snorting and hanging at the end of Melrose heckling and smothering the brothers Tommy and Dickie while deliberately sinking the H.M.S. Revenue! Those pictures have got to be from the day of or the day after the TOOT the SNORT the Other SNORT and Cottonmouth all around. Cross promotion? No! that is just plain old drug addiction by some serious alcoholic egotistic assholes. Thank God, somebody got it on tape. They would go on to lower depths and The Traveling Wilburys will turn into the high point of post break-up L.A. Fab Four carnage. Linda in a bikini??? I'm telling you, that was some potent yayo. In fact the CD is the best argument for not letting trivia be a reason for anything. Too bad George Martin wasn't there to send them home.
Thanks, Rupert! I always love your Beatles comments.
Oh, yeah! one more thing! About the lime the coconut the Harry the Nilsson and EVERYthing else too:
IMPOSSIBLE???
OR...
"I'm possible!!!"
Stay hydrated! It's going to be 100 degrees again tomorrow...
Just in case you're hanging out in L.A.
KC
Mr Bump

Post by Mr Bump »

I don't understand why everyone says they were all out of their minds on drugs and drink. If you listen to the tape, Lennon is coherent, talking to the band and the control room and giving instructions. The reason it's so bad to listen to is, I think, down to two factors - one is the constant messing around with the leads and levels, so instruments are lost or placed too loud, and keep changing around - the other is that some opportunist studio guy claimed the bass guitar and was pretty awful on it. But Lennon off his head? Not for me. I think he's pretty straight.