Japanese Stereo Red Vinyls and other rare pressings

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Chicagofanforever 5+

Re: Meet The Beatles (Mono) + A Hard Day's Night & Beatles For Sale (Japan Red Vinyl Stereo)

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

After "Meet The Beatles" it would be really cool to hear "The Second Album" and "No.5". Those were all mono but later 70's & 80's re-issues had some issues with speed and phasing issues. I always wondered how good the original pressings sounded.
Thanks for what has been posted so far, excellent.
yymca6

Re: A Hard Day's Night + Beatles For Sale (Japan Red Vinyl Stereo)

Post by yymca6 »

Venus and Mars wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:03 pm
yymca6 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:26 pm
Venus and Mars wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:00 pm For the next ones you will prefer to have the first albums (Mono) or the next ones (N°5 is Mono too)
If you could start wit #1 and #2, then continue #5 and so on, that would be nice.

Thanks for sharing these!
Ok, it makes sense
The first pressing of the first Japanese album
*Meet The Beatles [OR-7041] (different tracklisting of American Album)
This album+ Beatles' Second Album and N.5 contain the first UK albums in their totality (in Mono) but with various singles
-hxxps://we.tl/t-SPsRUlo81X
TT=xx
+
The 3th Album
*A Hard Day's Night [OP-7123]
-hxxps://we.tl/t-5YCmlGLbid

And the 4th Album (Stereo)
*Beatles For Sale [OP-7179]
-hxxps://we.tl/t-zjrAg7SKBH
Thanks for #1!
Yves
beatlesfanfromsop

Re: Meet The Beatles (Mono) + A Hard Day's Night & Beatles For Sale (Japan Red Vinyl Stereo)

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

David,
Awesome!!
Thanks for posting the Meet The Beatles Mono Vinyl Japam.
Mike
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

Chicagofanforever 5+ wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:14 am After "Meet The Beatles" it would be really cool to hear "The Second Album" and "No.5". Those were all mono but later 70's & 80's re-issues had some issues with speed and phasing issues. I always wondered how good the original pressings sounded.
Thanks for what has been posted so far, excellent.
Thanks for me it's not Audiophile pressings (the mono ones) but it's mostly for the historical aspect and some titles sound great, others are inferior to the Uk Pressings, for the Stereo ones it's clearly on another level (some like and some don't)
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Venus and Mars wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 pm Thanks for me it's not Audiophile pressings (the mono ones) but it's mostly for the historical aspect and some titles sound great, others are inferior to the Uk Pressings, for the Stereo ones it's clearly on another level (some like and some don't)
Hello, David!
I wish I knew more about the 'chain of command' regarding Japanese pressings of Beatles, Doors, Pink Floyd, Dylan(etc) albums.
How does Japan become the only country to release Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited with an alternate version of From A Buick 6 that was not available until The Cutting Edge Bootleg Series? Is that just human error back in the 60s and 70s? Oops! You wonder where the money goes. How about George Harrison - All Things Must Pass LP from Japan. The original issue(red wax) sounds noticeably 'different' from all other countries. It has much more clarity to my ears. Whatever it really is, I'm sure that it isn't made from the same parts that the rest of the world used. There are plenty of examples of Japanese greatness that are probably simple EQ adjustment. But, I don't think that they all are. If anyone knows the protocol that was in place for EMI to supply affiliates with the necessary requirements to press Beatles records, please share the knowledge. Considering Japan also made cassettes and Reels, I don't think metal parts(stampers) were a part of it. Japan must have received the same sub-master tape that was sent to everyone. So, that might have been possible. But, some of it sounds like EMI-Toshiba dispatched agents to London to oversee the cutting/dubbing or to pull the highest fidelity tapes from vault/library...resulting in master(rather than sub-master) tapes being used 'accidentally'.
Speaking of the rising sun, I own a mid 70s Toshiba turn table. The belt on it appears to be black. When held to the light, it is actually the same shade of red as their original pressings vinyl!
Far out, Mister Robot-O...
domo arigato!
Thanks, David
KC
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:07 pm
Venus and Mars wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 pm Thanks for me it's not Audiophile pressings (the mono ones) but it's mostly for the historical aspect and some titles sound great, others are inferior to the Uk Pressings, for the Stereo ones it's clearly on another level (some like and some don't)
Hello, David!
I wish I knew more about the 'chain of command' regarding Japanese pressings of Beatles, Doors, Pink Floyd, Dylan(etc) albums.
How does Japan become the only country to release Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited with an alternate version of From A Buick 6 that was not available until The Cutting Edge Bootleg Series? Is that just human error back in the 60s and 70s? Oops! You wonder where the money goes. How about George Harrison - All Things Must Pass LP from Japan. The original issue(red wax) sounds noticeably 'different' from all other countries. It has much more clarity to my ears. Whatever it really is, I'm sure that it isn't made from the same parts that the rest of the world used. There are plenty of examples of Japanese greatness that are probably simple EQ adjustment. But, I don't think that they all are. If anyone knows the protocol that was in place for EMI to supply affiliates with the necessary requirements to press Beatles records, please share the knowledge. Considering Japan also made cassettes and Reels, I don't think metal parts(stampers) were a part of it. Japan must have received the same sub-master tape that was sent to everyone. So, that might have been possible. But, some of it sounds like EMI-Toshiba dispatched agents to London to oversee the cutting/dubbing or to pull the highest fidelity tapes from vault/library...resulting in master(rather than sub-master) tapes being used 'accidentally'.
Speaking of the rising sun, I own a mid 70s Toshiba turn table. The belt on it appears to be black. When held to the light, it is actually the same shade of red as their original pressings vinyl!
Far out, Mister Robot-O...
domo arigato!
Thanks, David
KC
I don't know, I think that Japan in the 60's to 2000's were very advanced in technology (car, hifi, TV, etc.) and with the US were the best equipped with more accurate material than elsewhere, but there are also vinyl pressings from other countries (France, Italy, Germany, Holland etc...) as good or better. Since the digital era (1995) everything sounds the same in all countries, everything is standardized with one mastering.
I think they had the same tapes or copies of tapes as the others but in the end it's the mastering that makes the major difference in terms of sound.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

Let's go :D
here is the second album called "Second Album" also released in 1964 in Mono only
*The Beatles' Second Album [OR-7058]
-hxxps://we.tl/t-t9ofT2IHCV

xx=tt
+
*Meet The Beatles [OR-7041] (different Track listing of American Album)
This album+ Beatles' Second Album and N.5 contain the first UK albums in their totality (in Mono) but with various singles
-hxxps://we.tl/t-SPsRUlo81X

The 3th Album
*A Hard Day's Night [OP-7123]
-hxxps://we.tl/t-5YCmlGLbid

And the 4th Album (Stereo)
*Beatles For Sale [OP-7179]
-hxxps://we.tl/t-zjrAg7SKBH
Attachments
Front + Obi.jpg
Front + Obi.jpg (361.76 KiB) Viewed 556 times
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Venus and Mars wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:10 pm Let's go :D
here is the second album called "Second Album" also released in 1964 in Mono only
Eh eh just in time before I leave!

Thanks David, I really appreciate it.
Yves
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

yymca6 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:59 pm
Venus and Mars wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:10 pm Let's go :D
Eh eh just in time before I leave!

Thanks David, I really appreciate it.
Holiday?
Bonnes Vacances Yves!
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Excellent shares! Thank you David, these are great to have 8-)
—Keith