Japanese Stereo Red Vinyls and other rare pressings

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Help67

Re: Beatles For Sale (German Stereo)

Post by Help67 »

Hi David, thank you very much. The truth is that they sound very good. A good job. Very thankful.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

Help67 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:57 pm Hi David, thank you very much. The truth is that they sound very good. A good job. Very thankful.
thanks, the idea is to have different pressings, BFS the first UK Stereo pressing is maybe the best one AHDN too, but there are so many different mastering done in different countries, I really like Dutch, Japanese, French, Swedish or even American pressings that it's endless! it's case by case for me.
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Hello, the truth is that it would be an impossible dream to have it all. I think that the English should be the best but sometimes it is not. I have the 1978 box in stereo and they are very good. Anyone is good because they are the Beatles.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

Help67 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:55 pm Hello, the truth is that it would be an impossible dream to have it all. I think that the English should be the best but sometimes it is not. I have the 1978 box in stereo and they are very good. Anyone is good because they are the Beatles.
Yes, i have many Blue box (Japan, Uk, Sweden, French, Dutch) and all are Great some better but Analog from original tapes (not too old at that time)
One example, I make transfers of the Shadows (Emi band that records at Abbey Road) but with an exceptional sound engineer "Malcolm Addey" and none of the cd's have this sound unfortunately...
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Impressive, I have the English. I have the cassettes edited in Spain. I didn't have a turntable. The Spanish edition of the blue box is curious because it opens diagonally. The cassettes, with a different configuration than the records, are the ones that have remained engraved in my mind. It is a pity that there is practically nothing ripped from the cassettes. In Spain, cassette tapes were normal and more abundant. I almost jumped straight to the cd. A long experience this to have beatlemania.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

I have very few pre-recorded tapes, I plan to have one day the Uk or German tapes but it remains for me inferior to vinyl for the sound (it's usually recorded in ultra fast speed unlike vinyl) and even the MFSL are not extraordinary I consider (but it's rare and expensive)
Help67

Post by Help67 »

Vinyl is infinitely superior to cassettes but I started with them and that's why I love them. My first vinyl, Live at the Hollywood Bowl was awesome. There is no comparison. The real sound of the music recorded by the Beatles is on the vinyl.
Venus and Mars

Post by Venus and Mars »

yes I think so, some tapes may be very good but I have never heard any exceptional one, on the other hand Reel to Reel are great! but it is too fragile and unpredictable! Vinyl is still the ideal medium for analog music for me too.
My first cassettes I think it's George Harrison Somewhere In England with Ringo Starr Stop and Smell the Roses!
beatlesfanfromsop

Re: A Hard Day's Night (German Mono)

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

Venus and Mars wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:23 am Hello
The German Stereo pressing of Beatles For Sale :
:arrow: hxxps://we.tl/t-sIRo9TMhmV
XX=tt

PS:I have audiophile pressings (Mfsl etc..), but PBTHAL, Dr Robert etc.. do it clearly better than me in my opinion, so no interest!
Awesome!!
Thanks for posting this one.
Mike
Venus and Mars

Re: A Hard Day's Night (German Mono)

Post by Venus and Mars »

beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:21 pm
Venus and Mars wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:23 am Hello
The German Stereo pressing of Beatles For Sale :
:arrow: hxxps://we.tl/t-sIRo9TMhmV
XX=tt

PS:I have audiophile pressings (Mfsl etc..), but PBTHAL, Dr Robert etc.. do it clearly better than me in my opinion, so no interest!
Awesome!!
Thanks for posting this one.
Mike
Thank you the next is probably : ...!