Beatles for karaoke - an appeal to Lord Reith, Csnyfan and other enthusiasts

Fan created remixes and rare variations
tmangia

Beatles for karaoke - an appeal to Lord Reith, Csnyfan and other enthusiasts

Post by tmangia »

I'm really into singing karaoke, it helps me a lot on singing and I'm missing some good instrumentals on Beatles' records, specially their earlier records. Recently, I've found a youtube channel that did some Please Please Me and With The Beatles instrumentals. They were good, but I know some people here are masters on doing great extractions and putting excelent material. Here's some example that I've listened:

Anna (Go To Him) (this really caught my attention, as it's my favorite for singing. John's voice at his peak, as also Yes It Is)

A Taste Of Honey

Hold Me Tight

(this channel has some good Beach Boys instrumentals too!)

What could be perfect for a karaoke if there's a way that could preserve the backing vocals, so that should be perfect to sing along, but it might be a hard work as their early days were recorded on mono.

That would be thrilling singing Yes It Is with George and Paul's harmonies. Thinking about just a karaoke songs with Please Please Me, With The Beatles and those Past Masters vol 1 singles, wow!
moptophugger

Re: Beatles for karaoke - an appeal to Lord Reith, Csnyfan and other enthusiasts

Post by moptophugger »

Nice!
The Milky Bar Kid

Re: Beatles for karaoke - an appeal to Lord Reith, Csnyfan and other enthusiasts

Post by The Milky Bar Kid »

tmangia wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:19 am I'm really into singing karaoke, it helps me a lot on singing and I'm missing some good instrumentals on Beatles' records, specially their earlier records. Recently, I've found a youtube channel that did some Please Please Me and With The Beatles instrumentals. They were good, but I know some people here are masters on doing great extractions and putting excelent material.

What could be perfect for a karaoke if there's a way that could preserve the backing vocals, so that should be perfect to sing along, but it might be a hard work as their early days were recorded on mono.

That would be thrilling singing Yes It Is with George and Paul's harmonies. Thinking about just a karaoke songs with Please Please Me, With The Beatles and those Past Masters vol 1 singles, wow!
That would be something, to hear you sing along with an Elvis Presley voice to "That Would Be Something"! :lol: :D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

If you have wired speakers, disconnect the two black speaker wires (low voltage, no danger don't worry) from the amplifier and join them to each other. That will give you karaoke on quite a few Beatles albums. I first discovered that with Beatles For Sale when I was 12.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

I did the same thing Lord Reith did many years ago . The best results come from a True Stereo Mix , like the BYRDS Remastered CD's .
Rubberswan

Post by Rubberswan »

I did the same thing, but at the cartridge end. Swapped the polarity of one of the channels and engaged the mono button on the amp. Took the vocal right out of Hey Jude.
"The rubber swan is mine" - Vaughn Meader, The First Family, 1962
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

And if you want a form of surround sound without having to pay anything, find yourself a spare speaker (doesn't have to even be a particularly good one) and connect it accross the two "hot" speaker terminals (usually coloured red). Then you'll get the "oopsed" karaoke audio at the rear. It sounds amazingly good.

Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

You can also disconnect the negatives of the 2 front speakers from your amplifier & then connect them together & to the positive of another speaker with it's negative going back to one of the left or right negative amplifier speakers terminals (assuming the negative amplifier speaker terminals are both chassis ground). This will give you a Center speaker output to compliment the rear difference sound.

This was one of the very early quad speaker only quad setups & can sound pretty good with the right stereo like SQ or QS.

If the vocals are centered in a song, CenterCut GUI will give you the stereo sides without the center parts also + the center mono channel without the stereo sides.

Rog
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I didn't know that Rog.

Delaying the rear signal in the above by 20ms or so will also effect a further improvement, but you then need to have a separate powered amp/delay for the rear. But as an electronics hobbyist in the old days I managed to knock one up for the price of a decent meal.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

LR,

I actually built a stereo delay box in the early 80s from a Radio Electronics article for my Quad setup that you could vary the delay on. I used about 10 ms in one rear speaker & 20 ms in the other to give the room a better full surround sound. When Dolby Pro Logic II came out, I bought a new receiver & put the delay box in my car for the rear speakers with a separate quad amp -- sounded great in the car!

Rog