Beatles Songs with different endings...on SiriusXM this week

Fan created remixes and rare variations
millerTEK

Beatles Songs with different endings...on SiriusXM this week

Post by millerTEK »

So on 5/31 about 9am EST, Chris Carter's Breakfast With The Beatles was playing on SiriusXM. At first I heard Hello Goodbye with a HARD ENDING, which caught my attention, and then next Hey Bulldog with a HARD ENDING (John yelled "Quiet" and the song ended)....both originally mixed with the known fade out. When the host Chris Carter resumed his narration afterwards - he mentioned those 2 we just heard and said "and following our theme today called "with a different ending". And he also mentioned some other songs before those with different endings, too (I recall "Do You Want to Know A Secret was one mentioned).

SO my question....

We know this syndicated series ending some time ago...but has anyone noted or recorded those unique songs with those endings. I think we can all reasonably assume mixes of these songs were never documented or made during the time period of the Recording Sessions 'bible', so it had to have happened sometime later yet before 2008 when this radio series ended. Maybe These were unique mixes (like Rockband mixes) provided to them, or do you think a SiriusXM engineer created them with technology that existed back then?

Has anyone notes and collected them?

Curious if anyone has info or knowledge of what I experienced the other day driving to work?

have a good weekend!

steve
mojofilter

Re: Beatles Songs with different endings...on SiriusXM this week

Post by mojofilter »

The .mogg files of those songs have "cold" endings - some real, some manufactured for Rockband. They match your descriptions. "DYWTKAS" has an ending that sounds real and unfaded, similar to how they played it on the BBC.
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

interesting - Beatles Rockband was released in 2009. When I looked up the Breakfast show, sources said it ended in 2008, but with SiriusXM and creation of the Beatles Channel far later - maybe more work was done by their own staff and Apple didn't care...who knows....LOL. I figured that's how they compiled those alternate cold endings, as they all appear to be made from songs with faded endings and have quick edits and/or chords edited in before the cold ending. Nothing complicated and with unique features not available as a source to be used for audio editing.
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

I know it's likely impossible, but we should try and archive as much and as many Beatles Channel recordings/mixes as we can. We might be surprised at some of the things that we find.

In regards to the Hey Bulldog cold ending, my hypothesis is that George Martin/Apple/EMI had some master copy of all the mixes used on Rock Band, and it somehow ended up in the hands of Sirius XM. Whether it be from a mass transfer or a request for more balanced mixes or whatever.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Rick

Post by Rick »

I don't have SiriusXM (I've only listened a handful of times when there's been a free preview weekend), but I'm pretty sure the show is still on the air and airing new episodes each week!

http://www.breakfastwiththebeatles.com/index.html
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

His show is still running on SiriusXM and excellent as always. It's still my favorite thing about that channel, though there are other nice programs.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

oh wow! Yes, I brought up this topic as during this recent free preview time until what...June 6th...and heard Chris Carter's show. At first I thought it was rehashed like the old American Top 40 shows I hear on the 70s channel with Casey Kasem (RIP). Having done some radio myself decades ago - Chris's voice is fun to listen to...almost like a sneaky spy as he talks quietly and accents certain things...so much fun.. I wonder if he talks like that in normal environments...! I'm glad if the series was revived!

steve
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Breakfast With The Beatles may have ended on terrestrial radio. But Chris Carter still hosts a version of the show on SiriusXM. While I have gotten used to his delivery, and am glad he remains enthusiastic about presenting the music of my favorite band, I will always hold Deirdre O'Donoghue's version of the show closer to the heart.
Rondordrecht193

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

let's hope a very nice person will share the radio-show with us over here ... that would be fantastic!!!