White Album Super Deluxe extraction mixes?

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Kwai Chang

Re: White Album Super Deluxe extraction mixes?

Post by Kwai Chang »

csnyfan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:59 am Here's the first 2 tracks of Wild Honey Pie, panned hard left and right, no varispeed:
hxxps://we.tl/t-8WAtn1mzoM
Thank you for the assist, and the download!
The story is always fantastic.
The education is righteous.
Your work is without flaw...and very much appreciated!
Thank you!
(ditto @MillerTEK)
KC
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

Thanks csnyfan for the WHP!
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much MillerTek and CSNYFan! :mrgreen:
Ale.
tmangia

Post by tmangia »

Kwai Chang wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 am I have loved this effort many times. And not just because it sounds good.
It's a privilege to hear The Beatles with a few pieces missing or rearranged.
Thank you csnyfan
hxxps://we.tl/t-FV5pLk3fHU
KC
I was in vacation and missed! Could you please reupload it?
tmangia

Post by tmangia »

millerTEK wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:07 am SO regarding WILD HONEY PIE - I noticed when extracting the channels of the BLU-RAY - I mentioned EARLIER that 4 different tracks were recorded and mixed together by Paul. HOWEVER, I discovered listening to each channel I extracted and found FIVE different recordings cleanly separated and available in the surround mix of that song that are REMARKABLY different. So I researched to find more info and discovered the exact number of times Paul played this short song and kept COMBINING it with EACH previously recorded performance. See wiki's quote form Paul:

McCartney said of this song: "We were in an experimental mode, and so I said, 'Can I just make something up?' I started off with the guitar and did a multi-tracking experiment in the control room or maybe in the little room next door. It was very home-made; it wasn't a big production at all. I just made up this short piece and I multi tracked a harmony to that, and a harmony to that, and a harmony to that, and built it up sculpturally with a lot of vibrato on the [guitar] strings, really pulling the strings madly. Hence, 'Wild Honey Pie', which was a reference to the other song I had written called 'Honey Pie'."[3]

So my previous comment about Wild Honey Pie the other night was theoretically correct in what Paul was doing and how he mixed his multiple performances into one song together - however I FOUND A 5th complete recording among my 6 channel extract!

SO, I"M GOING TO GIVE YOU ALL A DOWNLOAD LINK to the 5 versions I found and was able to extract in their own isolated track. When you listen to each and note the variations, Paul's task of combining all of them makes sense.

hxxps://mega.nz/file/J1d3CbTR#yDn5GJMLPaKwS5kbQ9D2NVfbFBCDinVVRcJcTxGDXqY

It actually gives more significance to that crazy short song!

steve

PS -

PASS THIS AROUND:
HOW TO GET RID OF THE DECRYPTION KEY MESSAGE:

look carefully at what the FORUM POSTS for the URL links: they are XX'd AND THEY ARE ABBREVIATED ( ... ) in the URL.
right click, select COPY LINK (do not use your mouse to highlight and copy the link as that copies the ' ... ' abbreviated part.
paste the FULL URL (note the '...' goes away and you PASTED THE FULL LINK - compare it.)
replace the XX with TT in the beginning of the hyperlink. works every time.
If that doesn't work - I use FF and Edge - consider that or you have other issues not the fault of the poster. sorry.

steve
Wow!! This is AMAZING! Since when I was a kid in my 9 or 10 years old, I found this song intriguing (as long as Revolution #9). In my teens I discovered that the Pixies did a good cover on their BBC sessions.
I'm wondering why there's no work on these extraction mixes for Abbey Road, Sgt Peppers and All Things Must Pass (this one must have many hidden surprises).
You explained very well. It also makes Beatles music fresh listening to these subtle and hidden gems!
tmangia

Post by tmangia »

csnyfan wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:51 am I made these, the set is called "White Album Fun" and there is much more than the tracks you have listed.
Thanks, CSNYFAN. I really appreciate your work and would love to hear more of your work on these extractions!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

tmangia wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:54 am
Kwai Chang wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 am I have loved this effort many times. And not just because it sounds good.
It's a privilege to hear The Beatles with a few pieces missing or rearranged.
Thank you csnyfan
hxxps://we.tl/t-FV5pLk3fHU
KC
I was in vacation and missed! Could you please reupload it?
Hello tmangia,
I only just saw your request.
Thank you for your patience.
This is a re-up of White Album Fun by csnyfan--------> hxxps://we.tl/t-TGliuhB3IA
Have fun. I love this compilation.
Thank you, csnyfan!!!
KC
Hadacol

Post by Hadacol »

Any chance for a re-up on csnyfan's two Wild Honey Pie tracks, no varispeed? Thanks in advance!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Hadacol wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:54 am Any chance for a re-up on csnyfan's two Wild Honey Pie tracks, no varispeed? Thanks in advance!
Thank you, csnyfan!!!
ReUp-----> hxxps://we.tl/t-CrrA3lhACY
KC
Hadacol

Post by Hadacol »

Thank you csnyfan and Kwai Chang!