White Album Super Deluxe extraction mixes?

Fan created remixes and rare variations
tmangia

White Album Super Deluxe extraction mixes?

Post by tmangia »

I've found some curious White Albums which I think it came from the bluray extractions. I'd like to know if this project came to its conclusion?

Here's the files I've got in 2019:

Flamenco Guitar Sample [Mellotron MkII]
11 Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (Take 5) v4
I'm So Tired [Take 14 Overdub Tracks 7 8]
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da [Single-Tracked Remix]
Wild Honey Pie [Take 1 Track 1] (this is outstanding!)
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill [Take 3 Coda Drums]
Happiness Is A Warm Gun [Track 7 Overdubs]
Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey [Take 8]
csnyfan

Re: White Album Super Deluxe extraction mixes?

Post by csnyfan »

I made these, the set is called "White Album Fun" and there is much more than the tracks you have listed.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I have loved this effort many times. And not just because it sounds good.
It's a privilege to hear The Beatles with a few pieces missing or rearranged.
Thank you csnyfan
hxxps://we.tl/t-FV5pLk3fHU
KC
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

Thanks Kwai Chang and csnyfan, I didn't have these.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

EXCELLENT - Thank you.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

yes, the multitrack presentations in many cases if you extract the channels, can reveal the actual overdub and other isolated items in their correct placement BEFORE they were mixed down to their original stereo release. This is especially notable on the white album since many of the songs were simpler and so the fewer overdubs that were recorded on available tracks were revealed when these new MULTITRACK releases came out on DVD/Bluray.

Let's look at Wild Honey Pie - we know from the Recording Sessions Book - instead of Takes, Paul recorded this short song FOUR TIMES in different keys and sometimes with different instruments and playing styles - probably with the intention of syncing those 4 tracks to be all played at the same time,
You can tell listening to the stereo audio for years, there was some type of combining of his voice and instrumentation going on. WELL - you mentioned Track 1 from that release and enjoying it - so I'll tell you ... if you extract all the channels of that track from the surround mix...you can clearly hear what he recorded on Track 2, 3, and 4, too (note the Center and LFE channels were mainly echos of certain ranges produced just to fill those additional channels, so you can disregard those). If you liked Track 1 - wait til you hear the variations he recorded on the other 3 tracks!

My favorite is Martha My Dear - the boxed set featured the only Take with Paul on Piano. Then documentation tells us the strings and brass overdubs came a few days later. The surround mix - if you extract the channels, provides that same Paul on Piano track the boxed set released. BUT...the other channels have great isolation of the strings overdub and brass overdub added next - and those overdubs are well isolated, so you don;t hear bleed through from the other channels like you would if you tried to isolate sounds from a stereo track.

plenty of software out there that extracts each channel on a DVD or Bluray with surround music into SEPARATE WAV files.
HAVE FUN!!!! you'll be AMAZED what you can find!!!

steve
longoeduardo

Post by longoeduardo »

EXCELLENT - Thank you.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Very interesting observations !
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

millerTEK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:07 am yes, the multitrack presentations in many cases if you extract the channels, can reveal the actual overdub and other isolated items in their correct placement BEFORE they were mixed down to their original stereo release. This is especially notable on the white album since many of the songs were simpler and so the fewer overdubs that were recorded on available tracks were revealed when these new MULTITRACK releases came out on DVD/Bluray.
plenty of software out there that extracts each channel on a DVD or Bluray with surround music into SEPARATE WAV files.
steve
Thank you, Steve!
You are another great reason to join this forum. I would urge everyone to seek out your contributions here.
Then, they might understand that there is NOTHING finer than praise from a connoisseur!
Very nice comment!
KC
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

millerTEK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:07 am yes, the multitrack presentations in many cases if you extract the channels, can reveal the actual overdub and other isolated items in their correct placement BEFORE they were mixed down to their original stereo release. This is especially notable on the white album since many of the songs were simpler and so the fewer overdubs that were recorded on available tracks were revealed when these new MULTITRACK releases came out on DVD/Bluray.

Let's look at Wild Honey Pie - we know from the Recording Sessions Book - instead of Takes, Paul recorded this short song FOUR TIMES in different keys and sometimes with different instruments and playing styles - probably with the intention of syncing those 4 tracks to be all played at the same time,
You can tell listening to the stereo audio for years, there was some type of combining of his voice and instrumentation going on. WELL - you mentioned Track 1 from that release and enjoying it - so I'll tell you ... if you extract all the channels of that track from the surround mix...you can clearly hear what he recorded on Track 2, 3, and 4, too (note the Center and LFE channels were mainly echos of certain ranges produced just to fill those additional channels, so you can disregard those). If you liked Track 1 - wait til you hear the variations he recorded on the other 3 tracks!

My favorite is Martha My Dear - the boxed set featured the only Take with Paul on Piano. Then documentation tells us the strings and brass overdubs came a few days later. The surround mix - if you extract the channels, provides that same Paul on Piano track the boxed set released. BUT...the other channels have great isolation of the strings overdub and brass overdub added next - and those overdubs are well isolated, so you don;t hear bleed through from the other channels like you would if you tried to isolate sounds from a stereo track.

steve
Excellent analysis!
Yves