tanalour

Re: Revolver (Super Deluxe Edition) + Announcement

Post by tanalour »

Thank you.
By the way, what sources do you use?
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Wow :o I'm looking forward to hearing this. Thank you for this.
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

tanalour wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:05 pm Thank you.
You're welcome!

For the remaster, I used the 2009 master, and for outtakes I used a mix of Granny Smith Revolver and Some other Revolver Session Box. The 1966 Mono is a UK First Pressing.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

yeah - Giles has always said he didn't think those those albums before Sgt Pepper would benefit from another remix beyond his 2009 remixes. I learned from the Pepper Deluxe Box notes - they had more overdubs available and I think recording technology changed so they had more tracks available to use them? Also had more sources to remix and even make a surround mix? Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly, but I was thinking Giles said the recording techniques before Pepper did not yield as much stuff. Maybe someone else knows what the deal was.

Maybe a super deluxe box could be released not necessarily with a new remix, but how about providing more session takes? Revolver in particular seems to lack leaked takes after April 66. May and June had a few more tracks recorded that takes would be fun to hear instead of leaked monitor mixes.... Maybe they were erased? who knows.

Maybe they lack a decent multitrack master they can remix discreetly or even make a surround version? I guess it might get tougher the further back they go, but releasing outtakes and stuff would be kool instead. Maybe it;s a money issue - weighing the value of investing in this vs how many would pay to own a deluxe box?

I welcome opinions....
tanalour

Post by tanalour »

Thanks! 
RalseiDeltarune wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:57 pm
tanalour wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:05 pm Thank you.
You're welcome!

For the remaster, I used the 2009 master, and for outtakes I used a mix of Granny Smith Revolver and Some other Revolver Session Box. The 1966 Mono is a UK First Pressing.
RalseiDeltarune

millerTEK wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:24 am yeah - Giles has always said he didn't think those those albums before Sgt Pepper would benefit from another remix beyond his 2009 remixes. I learned from the Pepper Deluxe Box notes - they had more overdubs available and I think recording technology changed so they had more tracks available to use them? Also had more sources to remix and even make a surround mix? Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly, but I was thinking Giles said the recording techniques before Pepper did not yield as much stuff. Maybe someone else knows what the deal was.

Maybe a super deluxe box could be released not necessarily with a new remix, but how about providing more session takes? Revolver in particular seems to lack leaked takes after April 66. May and June had a few more tracks recorded that takes would be fun to hear instead of leaked monitor mixes.... Maybe they were erased? who knows.

Maybe they lack a decent multitrack master they can remix discreetly or even make a surround version? I guess it might get tougher the further back they go, but releasing outtakes and stuff would be kool instead. Maybe it;s a money issue - weighing the value of investing in this vs how many would pay to own a deluxe box?

I welcome opinions....
I think maybe this and a Rubber Soul box could happen in the future. Maybe it won't, but it's always nice to be hopeful. Plus with this forum there's tons of new mixes of Beatles songs/albums, so it's not a total loss..

beatleross

Post by beatleross »

Can someone please put up WTB as I missed it
beatlesfanfromsop

Post by beatlesfanfromsop »

RalseiDeltarune
Thanks for posting the three Super Deluxes and the six De-Martined's.
I was curious to hear what Good Morning Good Morning sounded like and I think it sounds great since it sounds more like the original mix.
Can you repost the Baby It's You EP & The Savage Young Beatles when you have time?
I would really appreciate it.
Mike
macca4ever

Post by macca4ever »

Many thanks!
RalseiDeltarune

beatlesfanfromsop wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:04 pm RalseiDeltarune
Thanks for posting the three Super Deluxes and the six De-Martined's.
I was curious to hear what Good Morning Good Morning sounded like and I think it sounds great since it sounds more like the original mix.
Can you repost the Baby It's You EP & The Savage Young Beatles when you have time?
I would really appreciate it.
Mike
Not sure what you mean by the Baby It's You EP, but I will reupload The Savage Young Beatles for you.