Alessandro Rocchi

Re: EVOLVER (Only A Northern Song)

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Very nice remix, thank you very much LR! :mrgreen:
Ale.
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You Lord Reith for all of these . I appreciate it .
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks Lord Reith !
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:10 pm When I worked on my own demix/remix of "Only A North Song" from the YS Songtrack I extracted the center channel which was mostly drums and boosted the 10K or thereabouts. The original mono mix had more presence in the drums, more WHACK! For some reason the YS Songtrack remixers decided to totally ignore the intended drum sound and go for a dense thuddy sound because I guess that's what modern drums are supposed to sound like. :roll: That whole remix album is what happens when you completely disregard what was done before and ditch the vintage EQ bumps and stuff in favor of modern EQ bumps, stinky sounding digital reverb and cereal box phasing effects. That's why so much of it sounds off and wonky to me. It could have sounded 10x better had a competent remixer did it.
Yeah, I actually ignored the songtrack mix except for some stuff at the end I couldn't get any other way. I mainly used the backing from the Anthology mix and the rest from the mono mix. I think I will also do a version without the "crazy overdubs" that kind of ruin the song for me. They did the same thing on It's All Too Much. When overdubbing on George's songs, a lot of the time they tended to just wing it and freak out rather than work out proper parts.

I didn't actually know about the YS songtrack until about 10 years ago. I saw it when it came out of course, but there was nothing to indicate they were new mixes or I would have bought it. I just thought it was a compilation. I wonder how many other people didn't realise?
Another awesome remix LR and of course an instant "core" remix on an already "core" bootleg album. Good times!

You are like the only person doing these remixes the way they should be done by skillfully fixing the deficiencies of the previous versions.
Thanks. Your support and that of the other guys means a lot to me. I work with the original mixes as much as possible to retain the vintage sound. I like the sound of the old mixes, I just don't like the unusual positioning of the vocals and rhythm section on most of them. I just can't understand why they were still sticking the voices all on one side in 1968.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:38 amI just can't understand why they were still sticking the voices all on one side in 1968.
Drugs. Probably...

I understand Jimi Hendrix mixed that way!
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Hello Lord Reith,
Take a look, it's about the 1999 Yellow Submarine Songtrack, maybe that interests you.
Attachments
19 - Yellow Submarine Songtrack - 1999.jpg
19 - Yellow Submarine Songtrack - 1999.jpg (608.85 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
Lord Reith

Re: EVOLVER (The Inner Light)

Post by Lord Reith »

Continuing in George mode...

Here's The Inner Light, as it might sound while you are meditating cross-legged at the Maharishi's retreat.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-june-22 Image
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thank you, Lord !!!
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Thank you Lord Reith.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Cute! Includes a bit of "Blow Away" as well ;-)