EVOLVER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Garrett

Re: EVOLVER (Can't Buy Me Love, Money + new re-up)

Post by Garrett »

I've been waiting for a mix of Revolution Take 20 like this ever since Take 18 came. My attempt came a little short because the two were very hard to sync, and the length of the track didn't help.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Garrett wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:16 am I've been waiting for a mix of Revolution Take 20 like this ever since Take 18 came. My attempt came a little short because the two were very hard to sync, and the length of the track didn't help.
It's a mystery to me why they didn't release take 20 on the super deluxe white album. Why use incomplete takes when the lads spent considerable effort finishing it off? It was supposed to be a single in John's mind. It deserved to be on that set.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Thank you very much indeed for all your hard work Lord
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:51 am
It's a mystery to me why they didn't release take 20 on the super deluxe white album. Why use incomplete takes when the lads spent considerable effort finishing it off? It was supposed to be a single in John's mind. It deserved to be on that set.
Yes I thought that. There's no "Mama Dada" on the released version is there? That's one of the best bits. Instead of getting miffed though I think to myself that, maybe, Apple knew we already had that version & wanted to give us something we didn't have. Take 18 has various bits that are either buried or missing in the bootlegged version, like Paul singing the words to 'Love Me Do' near the end and some weird 'Strawberry Fields' type flute sounds.

Either way I love your stereo mix of it.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes I thought that. There's no "Mama Dada" on the released version is there? That's one of the best bits. Instead of getting miffed though I think to myself that, maybe, Apple knew we already had that version & wanted to give us something we didn't have.
In 1988 I was fully expecting it to turn up in The Lost Lennon tapes, having read the account of John playing the mono mix to Pete Shotton outdoors somewhere. Either Apple or Yoko must have prevented that, but I'm sure that's how it eventually ended up in circulation. Thank goodness.
Either way I love your stereo mix of it.
Thanks Mark.
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

I've heard a bunch of Across The Universe takes over the years but I don't think I've ever heard one as beautiful as Take 2 on Evolver. It's just about perfect. And what is really good is John's voice is totally unprocessed (certainly sounds like it). Thanks so much for this album and for take 2 of ATU, Lord Reith. Just magic.

Anthology 2 DOH!!!! :oops:

A great remaster though LR.
Last edited by Lon Chaney III on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Can anyone please re-up these? I need to pay more attention to the Remixes threads!!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 am I've heard a bunch of Across The Universe takes over the years but I don't think I've ever heard one as beautiful as Take 2 on Evolver. It's just about perfect. And what is really good is John's voice is totally unprocessed (certainly sounds like it). Thanks so much for this album and for take 2 of ATU, Lord Reith. Just magic.

Anthology 2 DOH!!!! :oops:

A great remaster though LR.
Thanks! They did something weird to the stereo on Anthology, so all I did really was fix that. A doddle compared to some of these tracks!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

dascottjr wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:47 am Can anyone please re-up these? I need to pay more attention to the Remixes threads!!!
https://tinyurl.com/expires-16th-june
dascottjr

Re: EVOLVER (re-up)

Post by dascottjr »

Thank you, Lord Reith. I'll be sure to keep my eyes pointed toward the remix section more often....