EVOLVER

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RubberSolof

Re: EVOLVER (Grow Old With Me Version 2)

Post by RubberSolof »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:32 am
AgentYaroslav007 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:08 am Lord Reith, are you planning to make the best source home demo Goodbye (not from Super Deluxe Abbey Road) in stereo?
I wasn't, but I might now you've suggested it.
RubberSolof wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:46 am LR:
I think this may be what you're looking for I hope!!
Thanks Mike but Rave beat you to it. :| :|
Suzy Parlourphone wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:47 am This is getting off-topic, but I was curious so I searched it and happened across this about a Billy Joel song where he just straight-up uses that piece of music nearly as-is for the chorus of "This Night" (he does credit Beethoven at least). https://tinyurl.com/7tz3m674
Yeah, there's no law to stop you taking an out of copyright composition and calling it yours. It's something a lot of people have done, taking a forgotten song and giving it new words.
LR: It's not a contest! (much). Glad I could be of no service. Anything else I can do to not help you ...let me know ;-)
-RS
Neal Nollie

Re: EVOLVER (Beautiful Boy)

Post by Neal Nollie »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:40 am Okay here's the stereo demix of the Beautiful Boy demo. Like with Woman, I much prefer this to the studio recording. Those studio musicians he used were really jaded if you ask me. No magic there at all.

With this one John recorded himself playing guitar and singing while Fred Seaman banged a bongo drum. Unusually he was recording in stereo, but I guess by that time stereo cassette recorders were much more common. He then recorded over to another mono machine with the stereo tape playing in the background and they added another John vocal, some more guitar work and Fred playing what sounds like a woodblock this time.

In this demix John's guitar is in the centre but has the stereo room ambience, the bongo is far left, the first vocal is towards the left, the second vocal is towards the right, and the extra guitar and wood block is far right. Because the sound of the first tape being captured by the microphone is gone, the quality is also a lot nicer.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-july-4th Image

Note: people who've been away over the weekend, I have been busy so check the first page for anything you might have missed.
LORD REITH
Thanks for your great work.
I've always wondered whether you've ever thought of having ago at a decent sounding stereo long version of "Ill cry instead" from a hard days night film credits. I've come across a few versions over the years but they always sounded very bright and not very good.
Always thought you could work your magic on a decent sounding one.
Just a thought
Neal
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Fantastic job, very enjoyable!

Now – Fred was no Pete Best, so the perfect version of this remix would be to drop those bongoes...

BTW, this reminds me of the Kinfauns demos.
James carlane3

Post by James carlane3 »

Thanks!!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Neal Nollie wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:23 pm LORD REITH
I've always wondered whether you've ever thought of having ago at a decent sounding stereo long version of "Ill cry instead" from a hard days night film credits. I've come across a few versions over the years but they always sounded very bright and not very good.
Just a thought
Neal
I did try a while back but couldn't get anywhere with it. But i will have another look at it.
RubberSolof wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:09 pm LR: It's not a contest! (much). Glad I could be of no service. Anything else I can do to not help you ...let me know ;-)
-RS
:lol:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks Lord !!!
Neal Nollie

Post by Neal Nollie »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:21 am
Neal Nollie wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:23 pm LORD REITH
Just a thought
Neal
I did try a while back but couldn't get anywhere with it. But i will have another look at it.
RubberSolof wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:09 pm LR: It's not a contest! (much). Glad I could be of no service. Anything else I can do to not help you ...let me know ;-)
-RS
:lol:
Thanks for the reply lord reith
I always thought it had a certain charm and was disappointed they never put the stereo version on the 2014 capitol boxset.
Many thanks.
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Wondering if it's possible to do a demix/remix of "Heather"--the studio one with Donovan and Mary Hopkin? Would be cool to have a stereo version that's edited such that we don't have Don's off-key harmonies mucking things up...

Same could be done with "How D'You Do" from the same session, maybe...

Just sayin'.
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

Many thanks for this ongoing project.

Can I ask a favour though?

I missed the expired links for below, any chance of a reupload please?

Track 27-28 In My Life/Run For Your Life:
Tracks 29-31 Julia/Strawberry Fields/Woman:

Thanks!!!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

niallquinn wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:36 am Many thanks for this ongoing project.

Can I ask a favour though?

I missed the expired links for below, any chance of a reupload please?

Track 27-28 In My Life/Run For Your Life:
Tracks 29-31 Julia/Strawberry Fields/Woman:

Thanks!!!
https://tinyurl.com/expires-july-9
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene