Buddy Holly and The Beatles - Words Of Love (ultimate remix by paul62)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
paul62

Buddy Holly and The Beatles - Words Of Love (ultimate remix by paul62)

Post by paul62 »

Buddy Holly and The Beatles - Words Of Love (ultimate remix by paul62).wav
hxxps://gofile.io/d/CER9Yk

This is a tweaked version of something I'd posted in the video section: if only Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr could get a chance to listen to this...!!! :D :lol:
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
Sologui

Re: Buddy Holly and The Beatles - Words Of Love (ultimate remix by paul62)

Post by Sologui »

paul62 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:52 am
This is a tweaked version of something I'd posted in the video section: if only Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr could get a chance to listen to this...!!! :D :lol:
It would be great if your work reached our de Paul and Ringo ears

Wonderful remix Paul
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Thanks Laurent!! I'd love for Paul and Ringo to hear this... :!: :!: :!:

If I can get a clean extraction of Buddy's guitar-playing from his version, then that would be cool to have his guitar duel/duet/harmonise with George's guitar-playing.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
jpa

Post by jpa »

Thanks so much! Love both BH and the Beatles and the song Words of Love. So it will be good for me!
D-listener

Post by D-listener »

Excellent work-loved this!
Notecnirp

Post by Notecnirp »

This is like Free As Bird.. A great mix as always, Paul62. Thanks, for this Buddy Holly tribute track.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

jpa wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:27 pm Thanks so much! Love both BH and the Beatles and the song Words of Love. So it will be good for me!
D-listener wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:28 am Excellent work-loved this!
Notecnirp wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:44 am This is like Free As Bird.. A great mix as always, Paul62. Thanks, for this Buddy Holly tribute track.
Thanks, people: glad you like this one!!!

I wonder if Norman Petty's work on posthumously overdubbing onto Buddy's demos was ever discussed by Geoff, Jon, Jeff, Paul, George and Ringo when they put together "Free As A Bird"?

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

After the advent of electrical recording, when microphones replaced recording horns, Victor overdubbed new orchestral tracks on some of Enrico Caruso's acoustic sides. And after Hank Williams' death, his record label added accompaniment to a bunch of voice-and-guitar tracks he left behind. Jack Hansen overdubbed some of Buddy Holly's apartment demos before Norman Petty did. Some of the results had timing issues (as did Williams'), but they were trotted out anyway. One of them, "Crying, Waiting, Hoping," was copied note-for-note by the Beatles. A few years ago, someone took those apart, fixed all the rough spots, and issued the results on the Rollercoaster label as "That Makes It Sound So Much Better." I play that one a lot!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Rave O Lucien wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:09 pm After the advent of electrical recording, when microphones replaced recording horns, Victor overdubbed new orchestral tracks on some of Enrico Caruso's acoustic sides. And after Hank Williams' death, his record label added accompaniment to a bunch of voice-and-guitar tracks he left behind. Jack Hansen overdubbed some of Buddy Holly's apartment demos before Norman Petty did. Some of the results had timing issues (as did Williams'), but they were trotted out anyway. One of them, "Crying, Waiting, Hoping," was copied note-for-note by the Beatles. A few years ago, someone took those apart, fixed all the rough spots, and issued the results on the Rollercoaster label as "That Makes It Sound So Much Better." I play that one a lot!
I'll have to look out for that one, my friend!
It's a shame that Tom Petty and the other Wilburys didn't seek to flesh out a Buddy Holly demo...!!!

Here's a link to the Buddy Holly and The Beatles version of "Words Of Love" (which will be around long after the Gofile link dies off):

https://yung.cloud/track/37856/buddy-ho ... -by-paul62

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

paul62 wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:44 am It's a shame that Tom Petty and the other Wilburys didn't seek to flesh out a Buddy Holly demo...!!!
The Hollies did an OD :lol: on Peggy Sue Got Married. I think that process is laborious and guys like the Wilb'rys had other fish to fry!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon