SON OF ZUBE! (Hey Zube 2022)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Patrick Healy

Re: SON OF ZUBE! (Hey Zube 2022)

Post by Patrick Healy »

v0les wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:52 pm
Patrick Healy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:03 pm For what it's worth, here it is as 320 mp3:
hxxps://we.tl/t-1RkbmX4B3r
xx = tt
This link doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
Ok, see if this works.
hxxps://we.tl/t-guqawXL2vO
xx = tt
Leaping Armadillos

Post by Leaping Armadillos »

Here is a link in FLAC: https://bit.ly/3AIkias
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for the FLAC version....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Patrick Healy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:09 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:17 am I don't have a surround setup but I can make some experimental 5 channel files. There is enough separation on some tracks to get a good effect I think. I'll upload one song and see what you guys think.
Any update on this, LR? (Not desperate!, just wondeing).
Zero likelihood at the moment, sorry.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

thank you
Chris
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

When the vocals are placed front and center, I find the music more enjoyable. That's why I think the mono mixes of their earlier albums surpass the various stereo versions. I appreciate that you used the stems to present a more realistic stereo interpretation. You're right about the technology. It seems to improve exponentially, while our understanding of it, and our ability to get the most out of it only improves linearly. Time.

Also, it behooves us, as a people, to appreciate and fully utilize the technical advances we already have before launching even further ahead. But hey, I'm just a shaved gorilla...(I should probably qualify that. I'm a medical technologist in the main clinical lab at one of the top 3 hospitals in the nation. But as good as I am...as good as my coworkers are, my team is, etc. We still feel like when the doctors call down to the lab for results and information, that they envision a bunch of shaved gorillas who somehow get lucky every once in a while, and occasionally don't break the instruments.)

I am also a musician, music historian and archivist, and chef's assistant. My wife is an awesome chef. She's owned and run restaurants in Thailand and the US. And I have the belly to show for it.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I've always maintained that my stuff is a continual work in progress. None of it is intended to be definitive - it's only definitive until the next revision comes along. That's why I'm very wary about Apple getting into the demixing racket. Their releases WON'T be a work in progress, they'll be a one-off and they'll be out of date within a year. In my opinion they should steer clear of it all for at least another five years, so that they can experiment and take advantage of coming improvements. The way they isolate themselves from the tech and demixing community is also currently a recipe for disaster. This is essentially science, and science does not flourish in a restricted environment.

Also as I said, a technology that spits out stems is one thing, but turning that into a stereo mix that has no precedent is a lot more daunting. We don't actually know what a Beatles mix made on 8 track in 1963 might have sounded like, so there's a lot of guesswork and conferring with each other about what sounds 'real' and what doesn't. But I think we are definitely getting there.
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

LR,

I agree completely with you about the Record Cos. need to learn to use the technology better. The recent 3 CD Beach Boys set called "The Very Best Of The Beach Boys- Sounds Of Summer" -- they state " has 22 "new and improved" stereo mixes, based on a new digital stereo technology, allowing for a separation the original mono backing tracks for the first time". I bought the 3 CD set & the 22 songs they are talking about are ok but could be made to sound much better by people from the tech and demixing community IMO.

They did not take the time to check many of the great & better digital versions already made & available. You can checkout my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr19Hu ... 0hA/videos for 4 examples by me even.

Having started doing digital mixes way back in 1999 with Sound Forge 3.5 at the time, I have seen many years of improvements but none as great as the new AI software is providing. My feeling is it will continue to improve with more training files to compare which is happening as we speak with many doing it. There is already a 20 TB training table that was sold late last year but the name was not announced. With this large a training table, likely many individual instruments may be separated very well I think. Only time will tell if I am here that long!

Rog
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Yes, the future seems very promising.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:30 pm I've always maintained that my stuff is a continual work in progress. None of it is intended to be definitive - it's only definitive until the next revision comes along. That's why I'm very wary about Apple getting into the demixing racket. ...

Also as I said, a technology that spits out stems is one thing, but turning that into a stereo mix that has no precedent is a lot more daunting. We don't actually know what a Beatles mix made on 8 track in 1963 might have sounded like, so there's a lot of guesswork and conferring with each other about what sounds 'real' and what doesn't. But I think we are definitely getting there.
Rockband was the first project released by Apple using AI Demixing Technology("multitracks-Stems"). No other attempt of releasing a new mix by using AI Technology since then,(Get Back Project used Peter Jackson´s Technology(sarcasm!)) :?: but do you see a new Release by Apple in the near future, could it be Please please me Deluxe 2023 ???

Meanwhile we have Hey Zube and Abracadabra last updates :D :geek: