7. She Said She Said
8. Good Day Sunshine
9. And Your Bird Can Sing
10. For No One
11. Dr. Robert
12. I Want To Tell You
13. Got To Get You Into My Life
14. Tomorrow Never Knows

All tracks remixed and remastered from the 1978 "Big Blue Box" LP (PCS 7009), except "Here, There And Everywhere", "Yellow Submarine", and "Got To Get You Into My Life", remixed and remastered from the Japan Toshiba-EMI CD (TOCP-51117).

I went pretty deep on this project exploring many available sources. I examined the 2009 CD, the LP releases, the Japan CDs (based on their LP master tapes), and the "Rock Band" multitracks. I quickly discovered what others have said about the 1987/2009 releases sounding much more sterile and "digital" than the original releases. I found the "Big Blue Box" LP to sound significantly better. The "Rock Band" multitracks offer amazing separation, but they tended to suffer from the same sterile quality as the CDs. Almost all tracks here come from a 24-bit 192khz rip of the 1978 "Big Blue Box" LP. A few tracks sounded a bit better coming from the Japan Toshiba-EMI CD, so I used that source for 3 of the tracks.

Enjoy!

Google Drive Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Hummus905 on Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D-listener

Re: Revolver Remixed and Remastered[

Post by D-listener »

Thank you - this sounds great!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you ...
Yellowwhale456

Post by Yellowwhale456 »

Many thanks
Claude_de_Faux

Re: Revolver Remixed and Remastered

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you very much !
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Thanks for all the effort and care you put into this project.

Unfortunately, it appears that almost all songs are terribly clipped at -3dB. Perhaps you can remix/master them at a lower volume to avoid clipping?
Hummus905

Post by Hummus905 »

@BDJ, if you look at the remixed versions, you should find no clipping. The remastered versions will fill the spectrum to -3db by design. There is no clipping present, even though the spectrum is flat. It is just how the Ozone Mastering Assistant works — it creates loud files. That is why I prefer the remixes only and only listen to the remasters in the car where the extra loudness sometimes helps.
BDJ

Post by BDJ »

Hummus905 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:04 pm @BDJ, if you look at the remixed versions, you should find no clipping. The remastered versions will fill the spectrum to -3db by design. There is no clipping present, even though the spectrum is flat. It is just how the Ozone Mastering Assistant works — it creates loud files. That is why I prefer the remixes only and only listen to the remasters in the car where the extra loudness sometimes helps.
I also think the remixed tracks sound better. I don't have Ozone myself, but it looks as if Ozone uses quite some compression and limiting to make the tracks sound 'louder'.
Hummus905

Post by Hummus905 »

I always recommend the remixed tracks. Those are what I created and sound exactly how I want them. The remasters can be helpful for people without full sound systems and are my preference in the car. YMMV.

Note that Ozone is not using any compression. It is running through a series of modules for EQ, exciters, maximizers, and limiters. It does work similar to compression in that everything becomes much louder. Again, it comes down to preference, which is why I always include the core remixes.
Hummus905

Post by Hummus905 »

FYI: Here are the steps that the Ozone Mastering Assistant goes through: