HELP! My Canadian Disque Americ re-master cd 2020 plus extras

Fan created remixes and rare variations
fishbeardsunset

HELP! My Canadian Disque Americ re-master cd 2020 plus extras

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Hi Guys- The original link has expired and two members here, requested that I re-up again,so,here goes :roll:

I would be grateful to receive any comments about this, seeing as it was my very first attempt at remastereing. I have attached an info file with this download- for additional information (although just noticed a few typos, but what the heck!)

Enjoy: 8-)
hxxps://gofile.io/d/t9QSY9
Albert Grove

Re: HELP! My Canadian Disque Americ re-master cd 2020 plus extras

Post by Albert Grove »

Thanks! You managed to remove the shrillness from the vocals and bring warmth in the instrumentation and balance in the stereo picture. It really sounds pleasing to the ear. Same thing with your remix of the rooftop Get Back, where you brought back the bass guitar in the right spot. You really know how to remix.
Looking forward to your Disque Americ reworkings of Rubber Soul and also Revolver (if you have the Disque Americ cd).
fishbeardsunset

Albert Grove wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 pm Thanks! You managed to remove the shrillness from the vocals and bring warmth in the instrumentation and balance in the stereo picture. It really sounds pleasing to the ear. Same thing with your remix of the rooftop Get Back, where you brought back the bass guitar in the right spot. You really know how to remix.
Looking forward to your Disque Americ reworkings of Rubber Soul and also Revolver (if you have the Disque Americ cd).
Wow....I am extremely indebted to you for taking the trouble to comment upon my "first attempt at remastering". Thank you so much :D

The Rubber Soul remaster has gone through a number of changes... albeit because of the "sibilance" issues that plagues this and other versions of that
L.P. but I am fairly pleased with the new version that I have created and will post - within the next couple of days... One thing that I have always tried to achieve is to try and make the overall sound as warm and without any kind of sibilance or distortion as I can achieve, (not wishing to be harsh on anyone that has got the balls to even attempt at remastering a Beatles album )- but I used to download various remasters and was disappointed at the
"distortion" that to my ears was unacceptable..and wondered if they ever really bothered to actually listed to the "end results". That is why I don't bother with 24 bit remixes either... but that is another issue. :roll:

Now, I have been reading up on the "Revolver Canadian" Disque Americ cd from Lord Reith and others who are shall we say; more "advanced" in their particular knowledge and expertise than I am in terms of the shotcomings of this particular cd- but unfortunately I do not have a copy and (it is as rare as hen's teeth apparently to get hold of)
Suffice to say that if anyone has a copy of that cd then I would gladly welcome the opportunity to try and see if I can remaster it as a special project....

I am slowly also going through quite a lot of Rockband and MOGG files and will offer then up here, purely just as a "CLEAN" and vibrant version that I think may be of interest but am also wary that people might think "Oh no... not another fishbeard remix" :roll: :roll: :roll: So, when you mentioned the "Get Back" remix I did, I was quite chuffed because basically I was just playing around with the placement of instruments and I thought this actually works....
to my ears anyway- so why not share it and see what the feedback is- but unfortunately there has not been a lot !!! :o and some of my stuff gets downloaded a hell of a lot but I get no comments whatsoever... but, hey that's ok . I'm not after stardom just trying to offer up my own interpertations of stuff that I feel may be of interest. I have done loads of other remixes especially Hendrix, 8-) and also remixes such as Simon and Garfunkels' "Bridge over Troubled Water" as the original mix was very bad indeed with unbelievable amounts of surface noise so managed to get a Quad 1970s copy and spent many hours remixing that and am very pleased with the results...

Anyway- finally Thanks for your support... "I shall wear it always" :) :) :) :)
D-listener

Post by D-listener »

Thank you - this is a great listen!
fishbeardsunset

D-listener wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 pm Thank you - this is a great listen!
Thank you :D for your feedback- it is very much appreciated
jpa

Post by jpa »

I also would like to applause the warmth and softness - voices more in focus than drums/rhythm section, which is very important to my ears!
One single complaint: Maybe the softness is too overdone on The Night Before - here I miss the electric piano on the right side, which you have made very quiet compared with the bass.
fishbeardsunset

jpa wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 pm I also would like to applause the warmth and softness - voices more in focus than drums/rhythm section, which is very important to my ears!
One single complaint: Maybe the softness is too overdone on The Night Before - here I miss the electric piano on the right side, which you have made very quiet compared with the bass.
:D Hi JP.. Thanks for your comments,due to the limitations of remastering from the cd, this and the "HELP!" opening track were the most difficult to get right,without compromising on the vocals- so especially for you, I have tried another source and come up with this new version: Hope you enjoy 8-)

hxxps://gofile.io/d/ErwcK9
jpa

Post by jpa »

Thanks for this present - surely that's how I like this track!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Did you you use the specific vintage EQ points or only modern EQ?

There's a huge difference.
Chicagofanforever 5+

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

Your work on the Help CD has been very enjoyable.......thanks for your work.
Check your PM box for a special thanks!