The Quiet Album (new re-up april 2023)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
moptophugger

Re: The Quiet Album

Post by moptophugger »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:15 am It's easy money and always tempting for people I guess. Hard to imagine who buys them though. Anyone who knows what it is presumably knows where to get it for nothing, and anyone who doesn't know what it is would probably think "Why should I pay 15 euros for some cd I've never heard of?"
Still, people will buy it as it's the Beatles. And since it has a unrecognisable title, uninformed people are gonna think it's a new Beatles album. That's how modern Beatlegs work, sadly.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

moptophugger wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:19 am
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:15 am It's easy money and always tempting for people I guess. Hard to imagine who buys them though. Anyone who knows what it is presumably knows where to get it for nothing, and anyone who doesn't know what it is would probably think "Why should I pay 15 euros for some cd I've never heard of?"
Still, people will buy it as it's the Beatles. And since it has a unrecognisable title, uninformed people are gonna think it's a new Beatles album. That's how modern Beatlegs work, sadly.
I guess if people want to throw their money away then good luck to them. As they say a fool and his money are soon parted. Just wish I wasn't dragged into it.
AndInTheEnd

Post by AndInTheEnd »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:23 am
moptophugger wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:19 am
I guess if people want to throw their money away then good luck to them. As they say a fool and his money are soon parted. Just wish I wasn't dragged into it.
😢
I just wish there was a way of finding out who it is that has put this out there, it clearly originated from in-house on here.. or I at least assume as such.

Pretty poor show, either way.

AiTE
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Are there really people who are trying to make money with things shared here on the forum?
I think this is a shame and it makes me very sad. :( :(
AndInTheEnd

Post by AndInTheEnd »

Gilbeatle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:26 pm Are there really people who are trying to make money with things shared here on the forum?
It sure sounds like it. My main anger is that THIS one was so new, it's download link was still valid - so it had to be from "one of our own" to be that quick.

I just don't want our dear Lord feeling he's fuelling somebody else's income, so much that he'll stop sharing the remarkable work that he gifts to us.

AiTE
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

AndInTheEnd wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:49 pm
Gilbeatle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:26 pm Are there really people who are trying to make money with things shared here on the forum?
It sure sounds like it. My main anger is that THIS one was so new, it's download link was still valid - so it had to be from "one of our own" to be that quick.

I just don't want our dear Lord feeling he's fuelling somebody else's income, so much that he'll stop sharing the remarkable work that he gifts to us.

AiTE
Isn't it possible to follow the money i.e. finding who owns the company that issued that CD? Then with that info on hand I guess the administrators of this site could find who it is. And I am talking in generic terms here. If you find the owner(s) you can also find who owns its web site, thus getting to know IP address, etc...
Yves
AndInTheEnd

Post by AndInTheEnd »

yymca6 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:47 pm
AndInTheEnd wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:49 pm

AiTE
Isn't it possible to follow the money i.e. finding who owns the company that issued that CD? Then with that info on hand I guess the administrators of this site could find who it is. And I am talking in generic terms here. If you find the owner(s) you can also find who owns its web site, thus getting to know IP address, etc...
Sadly, my bet is it'd be CD-R, so impossible to trace. I say this as it surfaced a mere few days after Lord Reith gave it to us on here. Factory produced CDs need much more time to produce.
MrP

Post by MrP »

this is all much to do about nothing
does anybody really care that somebody burned a cdr and is selling it?

as for the source to be "one of our own" a great number and maybe a majority of downloads are from non members
the download links are carried over to other sites and accessed there
this site is open to all and very searchable on google and any other search engine enjoyed

move on people, nothing to see here
Vee-Jay

Post by Vee-Jay »

Hey, Gang -

Has anybody given any thought to the fact that the most likely suspect is the shop owner him/herself? If the seven day WeTransfer link is still active(!), then there's basically been ZERO time to turn to someone else on their supply chain to get this Beatleg downloaded, burned, "packaged", and in the shop for sale within HOURS/DAYS of becoming available online. Besides, based on the photos, it appears as though this store "specializes" in bootleg CDs. Sounds like a quick and cost-free way for a shop keep to make "money for nothing."

Also, consider this... our friend BDJ happened to see it in that store, at that time. So, WHO KNOWS when they actually showed up for sale? Potentially, it could have been on the same day that our dear Lord Reith posted it here! :o

Perhaps BDJ could ask (aka "confront" :x ) the actual store owner to find out from whence the CDs came... :shock:
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

(Please wait 30 minutes after eating before re-entering downloads...)

Have things gotten so good that we could forget the bootleg luxuries that we now enjoy?
Collecting bootlegs has never been so exciting. Somebody should post a vinyl rip of the [Sgt. Pepper] FORETASTE boot.
beatlegdb.com is MORE than a privilege...it is Heaven!
When the good drugs show up, market forces can be unpredictable.
Brain damage is what I'm after...
(wallet damage eminent).
Beatles are an addiction...
so, enjoy the purity!
Thank you, Lord Reith...
Pass the Dutchie!
KC