Thank You Lord!!
glami

Re: The Quiet Album

Post by glami »

Lord never sleep! THX!
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Lord Reith for your new production :)
CostaRica2022

Post by CostaRica2022 »

Very nice. Thank you.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks Lord Reith. I hope to hear it the way you intended to be heard.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Listening now. Thank you!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. I can see there are a lot of "quiet" fans out there too. Aside from their unparalleled ability to rock hard, my favourite attribute of The Beatles is their capacity for true sensitivity. Even the sillier songs like Singalong Junk have a naive sincerity which makes them special. George revealed a unique ability to achieve this towards the end of their run. Too sadly in my opinion he often chose to reinterpret his songs in a heavier way.
Onkster II wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:30 pm Wow, am I crazy, or were you somehow able to lift the vocal more to the fore on "Momma"? It sounds great here, and I think it wouldn't take a whole lot more futzing to turn it into a proper track.

This whole performance has been one of my boot favorites ever since I first heard that murky version on Melvin's "The New 21". (Like a first love, you can never forget your first vinyl Beatle boot.)

Now if only that could be done with the mysterious "Ramblin' Woman" from the same day--I'm afraid the vocal info in that track isn't quite there to lift. But what a song. Can't believe it was never returned to by George (or perhaps Dylan?). Any Dylan experts here who can confirm or deny that RW is a Bob song?

Again, Lord, thanks for a nice and listenable collection.
I did manage to boost the vocals in the Dylan tracks yes. Not by a whole lot, but enough to get more of a feel for them. I too have loved these three tracks ever since I first heard them on The Black Album. It was a magic and spellbinding few minutes that were lucky to be caught on tape. I'm praying that since a couple of sync beeps are audible we may get a small portion of this on film in PJ's documentary. These two songs always move me, not just because of George's performance, but Dylan's extraordinary ability to touch the heart with his songs. A perfect combination and if only George had done an entire album of acoustic Dylan numbers!
danrevella wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:11 pm (my sweet) Lord,
please may you descbribe to me what have you done on: while my guitar, and all thing must pass to obtain this magic?
WMGGW has the guitar separated to the left, and the harmonium demixed from the Sessions version and added on the right. ATMP is the Anthology version with the echo removed and the extra vocal part demixed and added in from a boot.
jpa wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:47 pm This Quiet thing really gets my nerves relaxing, and the "naked" Norwegian Wood is so sincere!
Yeah I was going to put that on Abracadabra but saved it for this. I love John's "I showed yer!" at the end.
rhino wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:27 am Thanks Lord Reith. I hope to hear it the way you intended to be heard.
Yes, after 9pm at a time when you won't be disturbed.
Last edited by Lord Reith on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

The dry, wide Something demo is outstanding.
Lemonhead

Post by Lemonhead »

I can confirm that this is quite beautiful when listened to between 1 and 2 in the morning. And congratulations in particular on the fantastic work on the Dylan songs. Thanks again Lord Reith.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Not to comment on every track as I listen, but All Things Must Pass is great.