Spanish Castle Magic (special remix from two sources) Jimi Hendrix

Fan created remixes and rare variations
fishbeardsunset

Spanish Castle Magic (special remix from two sources) Jimi Hendrix

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Hi Guys- For all you Hendrix fans out there- I took two separate sources and combined them into one mix as part of a Hendrix "Axis Bold As Love" project I was working on, and have just re-visited the mixes I did in JUNE- last year SO I thought I would share this particular one with you all

I have done two other mixes in the same vein- "Little Wing" and and extended version of "Bold as Love" from the AXIS album

I have been a Hendrix fan since I saw him live at the Brighton Dome in my old home town of Brighton in Dec 1967 -) 8-) 8-)

Hope you enjoy and would really appreciate any comments you wish to make

hxxps://gofile.io/d/6KH5Vz
Free Connoisseur

Re: Spanish Castle Magic (special remix from two sources) Jimi Hendrix

Post by Free Connoisseur »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:54 pm :D Hi Guys- For all you Hendrix fans out there- I took two separate sources and combined them into one mix as part of a Hendrix "Axis Bold As Love" project I was working on, and have just re-visited the mixes I did in JUNE- last year SO I thought I would share this particular one with you all

I have done two other mixes in the same vein- "Little Wing" and and extended version of "Bold as Love" from the AXIS album

I have been a Hendrix fan since I saw him live at the Brighton Dome in my old home town of Brighton in Dec 1967 -) 8-) 8-)

Hope you enjoy and would really appreciate any comments you wish to make

hxxps://gofile.io/d/6KH5Vz
Now, that is one hell of a story. So envious you got to see the man and his wonderful band up close in action!
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

:D Thanks for your response- I also saw The Cream with the WHO on the 21st April 1967 there also- The WHO were supposed to be the 1st act of the evening, but they were late flying in from Germany so CREAM played first.

When the WHO finally hit the stage it was mayhem and I distinctly remember Peter Townsend smashing up his Strat at the end and also Keith Moon pulverising his drum kit to smithereens.... Happy Days indeed :D
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I was looking for a Jimi thread in which to post this...As it pertains to The Beatles as well...

A good friend of my family was living in London in the mid-60's, and happened to be friends with The Beatles. I'm not sure how that friendship came about. But he was at the Saville in June, '67, and was sitting with Paul and George as Jimi came out and ripped through the title track of Sgt. Pepper, which had only been released a few days before. He was a witness to history; indeed a part of it. To hear him tell it still brings tingles up my spine.

Another near-Jimi moment for myself:
My band was recording in the off hours at Westlake Audio in LA. It was free time because my partner in the band worked there. This was in the early-mid 90's. At the time, some of Jimi's tracks were being remixed in surround sound for an upcoming release. The tapes reportedly arrived at Westlake under lock and key; handcuffed to the courier. They were brought directly to the studio room and were watched the entire time. As my friend and I took a break from our mixing session, we sat in the break room at Westlake. From the studio next door wafted in Jimi's guitar, soloed up on the console. I recognized it was Ezy Ryder. For that brief time, Jimi was alive and in the studio next door. The guitar was so clear and present it was if he was sitting there recording his overdub live. I damn near cried. It's still gripping to think about it. I could see that the studio door was cracked open, but I didn't want to look in the studio to see because that would've shattered the illusion that he was right there in the next room.
Last edited by Ziggy C on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Wow - Amazing stuff Ziggy C .... Thanks for sharing your cherished memories.....