An analysis of the LOVE album (document)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Hidlive

An analysis of the LOVE album (document)

Post by Hidlive »

Hello! A couple posts ago, i had mentioned i was doing a very good breakdown of all of the songs used on the LOVE album, by taking apart the 5.1 mix.

Becuase this is a primarily audio-centric forum, i feel obliged to include some things for you to listen to. However, i didn't exactly have much of anything planned, but i have made some reference audio that i sent to other people so they could help me out. I threw those in a MEGA folder. There is no organization with these, apologies!!! :oops:

Obviously the main focus here is the document. I double, triple, super ultra checked every sample to make sure the song i listed was the right one, and if i wasn't sure i put question marks. That being said there might be a couple mistakes here and there (and everywhere)! If anything i do need your help finding out the question mark'd ones.

Hope you enjoy! I couldn't find anyone else having done this before so that's why i did it. :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Fu ... sp=sharing

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/2AoxACiB#zv-0E6ZHNQpab1-weZEEwA
Lord Reith

Re: An analysis of the LOVE album (document)

Post by Lord Reith »

That's a jolly useful document. I will certainly make use of that!
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

It would be much better if you note the exact time spot of some subtle samples in the Love Versions, still, a great work! :D
Words and gibberish remixed from Merriam-Webster's by Kenny Saxton
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

I think the honky-tonky piano in Strawberry Fields Forever is just In My Life, but chopped up, and you're missing tambourine from Baby You're A Rich Man.
Also it's Ticket To Ride's riff at the end of All You Need Is Love, not Day Tripper. You can also hear a line from I Want To Tell You and drums from It's All Too Much around that section.
Hidlive

Post by Hidlive »

KennySaxton wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:47 am I think the honky-tonky piano in Strawberry Fields Forever is just In My Life, but chopped up, and you're missing tambourine from Baby You're A Rich Man.
Also it's Ticket To Ride's riff at the end of All You Need Is Love, not Day Tripper. You can also hear a line from I Want To Tell You and drums from It's All Too Much around that section.
Oops! Sometimes i confuse the two single titles. Must've absentmindedly typed Day Tripper. I just realized the Too Much drums. Can't hear anything from I Want To Tell you though.

If someone wants to add to the document, here's a link to edit yourself:

Don't worry. If any vandals come along, i made a backup copy before sharing :lol:
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

Hidlive wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:56 am
KennySaxton wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:47 am I think the honky-tonky piano in Strawberry Fields Forever is just In My Life, but chopped up, and you're missing tambourine from Baby You're A Rich Man.
Oops! Sometimes i confuse the two single titles. Must've absentmindedly typed Day Tripper. I just realized the Too Much drums. Can't hear anything from I Want To Tell you though.

If someone wants to add to the document, here's a link to edit yourself:

Don't worry. If any vandals come along, i made a backup copy before sharing :lol:
It's around 3:01 in surround channels (very subtle), George's "I don't mind" from I Want To Tell You is stacked with John's "I don't mind" from Rain.
Hidlive

Post by Hidlive »

Hidlive wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:26 am Hello! A couple posts ago, i had mentioned i was doing a very good breakdown of all of the songs used on the LOVE album, by taking apart the 5.1 mix.

Becuase this is a primarily audio-centric forum, i feel obliged to include some things for you to listen to. However, i didn't exactly have much of anything planned, but i have made some reference audio that i sent to other people so they could help me out. I threw those in a MEGA folder. There is no organization with these, apologies!!! :oops:

Obviously the main focus here is the document. I double, triple, super ultra checked every sample to make sure the song i listed was the right one, and if i wasn't sure i put question marks. That being said there might be a couple mistakes here and there (and everywhere)! If anything i do need your help finding out the question mark'd ones.

Hope you enjoy! I couldn't find anyone else having done this before so that's why i did it. :D

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/2AoxACiB#zv-0E6ZHNQpab1-weZEEwA
major find! turns out, Come Together was going to just segue into Dear Prudence, followed by Can You Take Me Back, and THEN something to do with Cry Baby Cry. There's a HARD edit at the tail end of CYTMB, where the Eleanor Rigby strings begin to digitally stretch. They forgot to wipe the last drum/bass bar from Cry Baby Cry however.... this is pretty dang interesting!! I wonder how CBC was going to segue into Revolution... or the mashup ideas they had....

Also, i've been overhauling the document because i seemed to be too hasty with things. I've gotten a lot of help from other people this past day, and i'm hoping to be done (for real this time!) by next week.
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Something that really gets my goat is the fact that The Durutti Column (Vini Reilly) in 1995 started playing a track he called "Revolver" which was a sample of the drums from 'Tomorrow Never Knows' and he'd play guitar along with...you guessed it, 'Within You WIthout You'. Here is a bootleg recording (the first known recording of the song actually) of them performing it from 1995. Vini even announces it as, "This is two Beatles tunes". Giles and crew had to have caught wind of this because I don't think it's too small of a coincidence that those are the same sangs mashed on Love. Vini never got any credit.
Please take a listen:
Cheers
Mike
Purple Chick

Post by Purple Chick »

mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:17 pmI don't think it's too small of a coincidence that those are the same sangs mashed on Love.
They're the only two Beatles songs that stay on one chord so they're natural choices to meld together.
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

So where is the cricket or bird sound in Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite? I only hear horses' neigh and running sounds :shock: