An analysis of the LOVE album (document)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Hidlive

Re: An analysis of the LOVE album (document)

Post by Hidlive »

KennySaxton wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:41 pm So where is the cricket or bird sound in Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite? I only hear horses' neigh and running sounds :shock:
they play during the wind, after the cutting out. it's buried in the rear speakers IIRC.
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

Hidlive wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:43 pm
KennySaxton wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:41 pm So where is the cricket or bird sound in Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite? I only hear horses' neigh and running sounds :shock:
they play during the wind, after the cutting out. it's buried in the rear speakers IIRC.
I still can't hear them. I'm startig to think they are not actually there.
Can you mark a time spot or upload a file to point it out? :oops:
Words and gibberish remixed from Merriam-Webster's by Kenny Saxton
Hidlive

Post by Hidlive »

KennySaxton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:30 am
tail end, here you go hxxps://mega.nz/file/vdxTlaCQ#w463leEx6 ... -EGBWbMAm8
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

Hidlive wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:05 am

tail end, here you go hxxps://mega.nz/file/vdxTlaCQ#w463leEx6_bXtDaZwL6SSx6XoYLwv_dkh-EGBWbMAm8
I listened about 50 times and am pretty sure that these are not what you think they are, and I've compared spectrums to draw this conclusion. It's just wind with some ambience noise :?
Hidlive

Post by Hidlive »

KennySaxton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 am

tail end, here you go hxxps://mega.nz/file/vdxTlaCQ#w463leEx6_bXtDaZwL6SSx6XoYLwv_dkh-EGBWbMAm8
I listened about 50 times and am pretty sure that these are not what you think they are, and I've compared spectrums to draw this conclusion. It's just wind with some ambience noise :?
I hear crickets on the left.... i'm about 99% sure. Maybe i should hit up Giles and just ask him :lol:
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

Hidlive wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:00 am

I hear crickets on the left.... i'm about 99% sure. Maybe i should hit up Giles and just ask him :lol:
The frequencies don't match, so it's clearly not from Sun King, and it doesn't sound like crickets to me. Also, what's the point of adding sound effects that no one will hear? I am still convinced that you're overthinking :(
Hidlive

Post by Hidlive »

KennySaxton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:52 am
Hidlive wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:00 am

The frequencies don't match, so it's clearly not from Sun King, and it doesn't sound like crickets to me. Also, what's the point of adding sound effects that no one will hear? I am still convinced that you're overthinking :(
Hmm. It might be birds actually instead of crickets. Could just be leaking in from whatever source was used for the wind itself. Definitely sounds like a natural recording rather than the moog noise. Here's another mix, this time with the front channels, where i'm trying to reduce the overpowering wind noise. hxxps://mega.nz/file/ScoQgaJa#-1WPj8rlu ... OmCMEUi6Js

Also, it probably isn't going to be from Sun King. Like i said in the document, they use a LOT of sound effects from Magical Mystery Tour for atmospheric noises. Need something mysterious and sci-fi? Use the wizard scene from MMT! Need some children laughing? grab a clip from a coach scene in MMT!
KennySaxton

Post by KennySaxton »

I invited a friend to help me figure out some not yet identified samples.
As for the honky-tonky piano in Strawberry Fields Forever, it's been always in the album version, but buried at the end of the fade out.
And for the drum fill between Lady Madonna and Hey Bulldog, he said it might be The Word, but I think there are still subtle differences.
Last but not the least, the rain and thunder sound effects might from Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey (do they have access to Paul's solo stuff?) :roll:
zaval80

Post by zaval80 »

KennySaxton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:52 am Also, what's the point of adding sound effects that no one will hear? I am still convinced that you're overthinking :(
Ahhaha, you are invited to check out the fade of very first song on the CD issue of The Doors' Jim Morrison-less album "Other Voices" (though the volume must be amplified by, like, 10 times or even more).
Hidlive

Post by Hidlive »

I found a thing! I was watching the All Together Now documentary, and i heard She's Leaving Home.... upon closer inspection, this seems to be the rumored LOVE version!!! There's even the harmony overdub.... unfortunately it ends shorly. regardless, here you go! i mixed it down from the 5.1, and got rid of people talking over it hxxps://mega.nz/file/DQpW3AgS#_4Ag-6fGF ... JrFcrIG2iE