ABRACADABRA! (V4 upgrade 2022)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
BTL1210

Re: ABRACADABRA! (V4 upgrade 2022)

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME as always M'Lord - Thank you for the updated Vol.4...
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you for the upgraded Volume 4 !
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

This really sounds great on headphones. So clean and detailed, separation is really remarkable.
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

Thanks again!
ruedabeat

Re: ABRACADABRA! (NEW - Volume 4 2022 upgrade)

Post by ruedabeat »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 am ...

The diffuse vocal sound of the original stereo mixes has been tightened to give them better presence and clarity, more like the mono mixes.

Sometimes on the original mixes where the lead vocal is in the centre and extra vocals come in at the side, I have presented these sections in a more balanced and less lopsided fashion. This applies chiefly to Eight Days A Week and Baby's In Black.

Some of the outtakes which were in near-mono and laden with unecessary reverb or echo have been demixed into proper 3 point stereo mixes which sit more comfortably alongside the rest of the material. Leave My Kitten Alone now sounds more like a vintage Beatles track and less like an early 80s mix of a Beatles track.

Enjoy!

Image Image
That´s great. Thanks a lot my Master LR. :ugeek:
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Excellent work as usual Lord Reith. I especially like the improvement on Leave My Kitten Alone. I've basically been stuck with the Anthology DVD remix for ages, and finally I can replace it with your upgraded version. I also like the clarity, especially on No Reply, Rock and Roll Music, Eight Days a Week and Honey Don't (the bass guitar on that one has the same nice softness as on 2009 mono CD). I must say the guitar distortion stands out on I Feel Fine, not something I was accustomed to listening to the Anth DVD and 2015 One mixes. But then I compared it to the 2009 Mono Masters and wow that's even more overly loud :lol:, while the original vinyl Ebbetts rips (single and Collection of Beatles Oldies) are very noisy and muddy. It goes to show how you can keep finding new nuances in all these Beatles recordings.

Sadly this doesn't change my mind on how I dislike Beatles for Sale compared to the other albums, I've just listened to your upgraded V1 and V2 again and boy how are those much more fun to listen to. I'm sincerely looking forward to your next upgrades, can't wait for V3 to come out!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thankyou chaps, I enjoy hearing your opinions. It helps me to understand how other people hear these, with different ears and playback equipment.

Listening 500 times to BFS while doing this, I am struck by how similar the sound is to carl perkins' early work. In around May 1964 they bseem to have gone on a Perkins kick, recording one of his songs for the EP and filling two BBC sessions with Perkins covers. they also met him of course. So I think they were very much influenced by his sound for this album. It is certainly more "rockabilly" than "rock".
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

Lord Reith wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:06 pm Thankyou chaps, I enjoy hearing your opinions. It helps me to understand how other people hear these, with different ears and playback equipment.

Listening 500 times to BFS while doing this, I am struck by how similar the sound is to carl perkins' early work. In around May 1964 they bseem to have gone on a Perkins kick, recording one of his songs for the EP and filling two BBC sessions with Perkins covers. they also met him of course. So I think they were very much influenced by his sound for this album. It is certainly more "rockabilly" than "rock".
It is different, and I never made the Perkins connection. It always just seemed to me that they got out their acoustics for come of the originals (No Reply, I'm a Loser....) and just kept plying them when they did the cover songs. The covers ended up way more polite than the BBC versions, much less the Hamburg performances.
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

More outstanding work from The Master! Thank you so much!
DaVa-67

Post by DaVa-67 »

Listening to volume 4 just now. Great sound and the outtakes sound remarkable Sir!
Very well done :)
I've got to thank you for 1 and 2 also. So far, these are my go to mixes.