GH - All Things Must Oops

Fan created remixes and rare variations
magoocus

GH - All Things Must Oops

Post by magoocus »

A collection of oopses from the new ATMP 5.1 mix extracts. Hope you enjoy it.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1bAuj-gUtNzQL1MmYs_pXGZGLDDAori8H/view?usp=sharing

George Harrison - All Things Must Oops

All oopses done at 24-192 from the DTS-HD files of the 5.1 mix, converted to 16-44. It'll fit on two cds.
I don't like removing George's voice from so many tracks but his lead vocals are loud and clear on every
channel of the 5.1 mix.

01a I'd Have You Any Time - After oopsing the front channels with the rear channels the result was subtracted
from the rear channels and features guitars and George's harmony vocal.
01b I'd Have You Any Time - Subtracting the C channel from the front channels removes most of the vocals &
instruments, giving a bass & drums backing track along with vibes, which might be recorded to the bass track
because they are on the LFE also.
02a My Sweet Lord - An oops of the 2 front channels removes most of the lead vocal & rhythm section but keeps
the acoustic guitars & backing vocals.
02b My Sweet Lord - Front channels oopsed with the rears at 8 dbs removes the acoustic guitars.
03a Wah Wah - Fronts-rears oops at 4db removes the guitars and all the mush which interestingly turns out to be
on the guitar tracks.
03b Wah Wah - The above track was then subtracted from the rear channels to hear those guitar tracks.
04a Isn't It A Pity - oops of the front & rear channels.
04b Isn't It A Pity - above track subtracted from the rear channels; guitars and harmony vocal.
05a What Is Life - oops of the fronts and rears; no guitars
05b What Is Life - above track subtracted from rear channels; guitars and backing vocals
06a If Not For You - subtracting the C channel from the fronts at -6db removes the lv.
06b If Not For You - Rears subtracted from the fronts at -2db.
07a Behind That Locked Door - Oops of front channels and rear channels.
07b Behind That Locked Door - Above track subtracted from the rear channels; featuring backing vocals.
08a Let It Down - An oops of the fronts and rears that then had the C channel subtracted from it to remove
the lv; orchestra version. I like the little horn peep at 3:00.
08b Let It Down - Rears oopsed with the C channel to remove the lv.
09a Run Of The Mill - Front channels oopsed with C channel to remove the lv. George's "guide" vocal is in the
left channel, maybe leakage onto his guitar mic.
09b Run Of The Mill - Rears subtracted from the fronts, then the result subtracted from the rears again to get
a better "guide" vocal and guitars.
10a Beware Of Darkness - Front channels oopsed with C channel removes the lv.
10b Beware Of Darkness - Rear channels with the vocal mostly removed by oopsing with C channel; guitars.
11a Apple Scruffs - Oops of front and rear channels at -1db.
11b Apple Scruffs - This one reverses the above and subtracts the front channels from the rears at -7.5 dbs;
backing vocals and slide solo. Much of this track is silent. I fudged on the slide and raised its volume by 6 dbs.
12a Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp [Let It Roll] - Fronts oopsed with C channel at -6db removes the lv.
12b Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp [Let It Roll] - This one oopses the fronts and rears.
13a Awaiting On You All - Fronts oopsed with C channel to remove the lead vocal.
13b Awaiting On You All - This one removes the front channel overlap from the rears with an oops, which was then
oopsed with the C channel to get the guitars.
14a All Things Must Pass - Fronts oopsed with C channel removes the lead vocal.
14b All Things Must Pass - Rear channels oopsed with the C channel.
15a I Dig Love - Front channels oopsed with C channel mutes the lead vocal.
15b I Dig Love - Rears oopsed with C channel, removes the lv from the rear channel mix.
16a Art Of Dying - Front channels oopsed with C channel removes the lead vocal but retains the harmony vocal.
16b Art Of Dying - Front channels with the rear channel overlap subtracted. George singing with a power trio.
17a Isn't It A Pity - Front channels oopsed with C channel, removes the lead vocal but keeps the backing vocals.
17b Isn't It A Pity - Oops of the front and rear channels removes the rear channel overlap on the fronts.
18a Hear Me Lord - Front channels oopsed with the C channel, removes the lv.
18b Hear Me Lord - Fronts oopsed with rears to remove the overlap.

iso74

Re: GH - All Things Must Oops

Post by iso74 »

Magoocus, big thanks for this!!! Did you do anything similar to this with any of Lennon's solo work?
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

@magoocus,,,
Righteous!
Why doesn't the remix sound like this?
Does the 5.1 represent the original mix or the remix?
I had hoped the remix would bring separation and fidelity that might provide new atmosphere to hear things with clarity. This is mind boggling how you have accomplished more with less. It sounds fantastic. Speaking of atmosphere, does the atmos mix lend itself to any such usefulness?
Beautiful job.
Peace, friend!
KC
magoocus

Post by magoocus »

Hi I haven't even had time to dive into the Atmos yet, busy with working on these.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you for the lovely piece of work
Rickenbacker325

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

The 5.1 mix is far superior to the standard remix. Thanks for sharing.. It does drive me batty that they don't make the 5.1 mixes more discrete.
Beatles4you

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nrberg

Post by nrberg »

This so much clearer. Is someone going to do a down mix of this? I guess you call it that. It was done with other 5.1s like the Electric Ladyland and sounds like a big improvement.

Neil
cybermedios

Post by cybermedios »

¡¡MASTER, THANKS A LOT FOR THIS WONDERFUL SHARE¡¡
Cybermedios (a.k.a. lappin7 in bootlegzone)
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Just Great. Thank You for sharing with us .