Revolution 9 Extractions

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Beatles4you

Re: Revolution 9 Extractions

Post by Beatles4you »

Last edited by Beatles4you on Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RunoutGroove

Post by RunoutGroove »

Rev 9, to me, totally epitomizes the ethereal feel to the White album. I can only listen to the records in their entirety on a Sunday night. I wish they had gone with the 'doll's house' concept. The songs, in my imagination, play like a Czechoslovakian stop-motion film, with each song being animated in a different room or location around a Victorian dolls house kept up in the attic. Quite spooky at times, whispy and frightening, while soothing and calming at others.

Thank you for these extracts. Also, Wild Honey Pie is equally a product of the genius operating in this moment in 1968. Don't knock it. It is a wedge, opening a glimpse into another room.
hogshead of hellfire

Post by hogshead of hellfire »

A fifteen-second rhythm track snippet of "Carnival of Light" is buried under the backwards-running Day In the Life strings climax (in "Rev. 9" proper) between :38 - :53.
moptophugger

Post by moptophugger »

hogshead of hellfire wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:01 pm A fifteen-second rhythm track snippet of "Carnival of Light" is buried under the backwards-running Day In the Life strings climax (in "Rev. 9" proper) between :38 - :53.
Listened to it. It seems that Carnival Of Light is a bit boring so no wonder its not getting released anytime soon.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

millerTEK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:24 am
beatlesondvd wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:56 am I'm afraid the Beatles' worst song is "Wild Honey Pie".
I thought the same thing, but found with the 5.1 surround mix released in the box set - you can extract the 4 separate timed recordings Paul made using different vocal keys and instrumentation with the intention to blend all 4 together into that crazy song (read Lewisohn's book on that session and Paul's construction of Wild Honey Pie). Listening to each track Paul recorded you'll find some interesting and clever differences, so when he blended them all together - you get the results we know of.
I didn't know that. Could you post these extractions by any chance?
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thank you for the Revolution 9 Extractions ...
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

beatlesondvd wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:32 am
millerTEK wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:24 am
beatlesondvd wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:56 am I'm afraid the Beatles' worst song is "Wild Honey Pie".
I thought the same thing, but found with the 5.1 surround mix released in the box set - you can extract the 4 separate timed recordings Paul made using different vocal keys and instrumentation with the intention to blend all 4 together into that crazy song (read Lewisohn's book on that session and Paul's construction of Wild Honey Pie). Listening to each track Paul recorded you'll find some interesting and clever differences, so when he blended them all together - you get the results we know of.
I didn't know that. Could you post these extractions by any chance?
First look up in the book The Beatles Recording Sessions date 8.20.1968 and see how Paul created Wild Honey Pie. Do you own the bluray surround mix of the white album? by extracting each channel of that surround mix - you'll find 4 of those channels contain each TRACK Paul recorded and mixed together to make the release. That's the secret beauty of the surround mix - Giles Martin, having access to the 8 track channels, BEFORE a stereo 2 channel mix was created - used those 8 tracks to make the surround mix. Wild Honey Pie didn't even have 8 tracks, so to make the surround mix, Giles simply took the 4 channels recorded and made a surround mix...

message me -