Pete Best's Beatles - Boys

Fan created remixes and rare variations
paul62

Pete Best's Beatles - Boys

Post by paul62 »

Something nice to listen to: an alternate version of Day Tripper. Full length and with vocals.
https://whyp.it/t/day-tripper-alternate ... ul62-96495
Last edited by paul62 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 am, edited 14 times in total.
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!
Phil_Lip

Re: Day Tripper (alternate take)

Post by Phil_Lip »

Very nice. Can it be downloaded?
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Thanks! Glad you like it!

I'm almost finished with tweaking it: it's probably a bit too special to just toss onto the board and enable "Fab" or somebody like that to make some money from my ideas and my labours!! :lol:

I'd happily make my final version available in lossless quality if there's ever a compilation like "Tuned To A Natural E" or "Strange Days Indeed" organised for the membership of this board (so as to give a variety of talented members a chance to show their stuff). Uploading a "finished master" to SoundCloud or whatever would negate the surprise factor for a compilation album, so I'll leave the beta version as a taste (it lasts for 24 hours only from the moment it's uploaded).
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
Tex

Post by Tex »

It's appear to be a cleaned up version of the raw mix from "Ultra Rare Trax" or a later derivative.

That raw mix is the best version out there so any remaster is welcome.

I'm still waiting for someone to produce quality restored versions of the unique and superior Ron Furmanek stereo mixes of "Help!" and "Ticket to Ride"
micktanner

Post by micktanner »

Very different and very cool. Thanks for sharing paul62, well done my friend!
paul62

Post by paul62 »

micktanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:04 pm Very different and very cool. Thanks for sharing paul62, well done my friend!

Thanks, Mick! I'm glad you like it! The final master has come out really well, so I look forward to sharing that at some point!!

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
paul62

Post by paul62 »

Engonoceras wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:30 pm It's appear to be a cleaned up version of the raw mix from "Ultra Rare Trax" or a later derivative.

That raw mix is the best version out there so any remaster is welcome.

I'm still waiting for someone to produce quality restored versions of the unique and superior Ron Furmanek stereo mixes of "Help!" and "Ticket to Ride"
For my version of "Day Tripper", I've used the version from "Dead Man's Walkman": the frequency range is full, so it might be from a Roger Scott reel to reel tape rather than a John Barrett cassette dub. The hiss present on the track might have happened due to Dolby A being used back in the day (which wasn't accounted for when the bootleggers did their tape-to-digital transfer): if the source was a JB cassette, then Dolby might have been switched off on the cassette deck when the bootleggers did their tape-to-digital transfer. Just conjecture on my part.

The vocals came from the .mogg file of "Day Tripper", with any leakage from the backing track coming through the microphones used for the vocal tracking session cleaned off and away.

Another interesting thing is the fact that Take 1 is a quarter-tone lower than the regular version. I had to speed up Take 1 by 2.930% to get the tempi and pitch to correlate with the released version. The Beatles were known to use capos on their guitars, but a capo will pitch up a guitar in half-tone increments only. So, I'm thinking that the final version of Day Tripper may well be the first Beatles track where the whole track received varispeed treatment (it might have been the backing track only, then vocals were laid down after the varispeed was applied). Again, just conjecture on my part.

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
KitsuHitsuyy

Post by KitsuHitsuyy »

Could anyone provide a re-up? Thanks in advance.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@KitsuBeatles/
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/qaCPu9VrsY

Saw Paul on November 30th, 2023 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium, Brasília, Brazil!
BeatlesVI

Post by BeatlesVI »

KitsuHitsuyy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:37 am Could anyone provide a re-up? Thanks in advance.
I second that request!
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
beatlefan99

Post by beatlefan99 »

Hi,

Re-up if possible please?

Thanks in advance